Sign in to follow this  
teropa

2D panel undocking and saving in WINDOWED mode - not working

Guest Bud

And I will!!!Can't understand why the Aces team are avoiding this issue.Bud

Guest Tailspin

Having a two monitor system I would also like to see a solution to this problem. Someone out there must know whether it is possible to save those 2D panels. I don't understand how Microsoft could have missed this.Ted

Guest Arry

Hello,one day ACES has to accept, that we can't accept, to move and locate up to 5 windows - in my case - every flight. That means, several times every day.That is absolutely scraping the nerves.There must be a quite easy way, to fix it.Hopefully more guys will contribute to this thread. There are many, many simmers flying with multimonitor setup.Happy landing

Since we are not getting any comments from Phil or other guys at MS for this, does anyone know their blogs that we could post at?I am getting really annoyed at this thing.Like others, I can't possibly think of any valid reason how they could have overlooked something this simple and basic, that has been the meat and potatoes of flightsim for years. For as long as home cockpits have been made, and people have had multiple monitors. What do they expect us to do now? Set multiple windows to their positions and sizes everytime we start the sim??Come ON!Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Bud

This is getting ridiculous. I've sent an email to Phil's blog on this issue. Let's see if that gets any reaction.Bud

Hi,I have also problems with my Monitor + B/W TV setup (for Level-D FMC). Why has this feature changed from FS9 to FSX? without notice?Come on Microsoft, customers are calling!Nico Kaanhttp://www.nicokaan.nl

If I may add one more similar item as we stir the pot:If the ATC window is moved to a secondary monitor, the only time ATC works is if you have clicked inside of that window. If you move the ATC window to another monitor, then go back to cockpit view and receive a call, you cannot answer it without going back and clicking inside of the ATC window again. This was not so in FS9. The keyboard replies worked no matter what else you were doing, or where you were doing them. (i.e. cockpit view, spot view, etc.)Thanks for the thread.RTH

If I may add one more similar glitch that bugs me. I prefer to have a locked spot view. In FS9, once locked, she stayed locked until you shut down FS9 and started up in some other view, or unlocked it. In fact, if you saved your flight in the locked spot view, she remained there permanently unless you unlocked it.In fSX even after you have locked your spot view, anytime you switch views it becomes unlocked and you have to repeatedly relock it.Respectfully:RTH

Bump

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest gregul

Hi RTHThis one bugs me as well or better said: it bugged me ;-)I then found a way to completely disable the wobbling 'spot' view, so every flight now starts with the 'locked' spot view. Here is how to do it:1.Locate the file: c:Documents and Settings{your account}Application DataMicrosoftFSXCameras.CFG(It's located in the same directory as fsx.CFG)2.Comment the section with the 'Spot' view definition like this:////Title = Spot//Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}//Description = This is the description of the spot view.//Origin = Center//SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal//SnapPbhReturn = False//PanPbhAdjust = Swivel//PanPbhReturn = False//Track = FlatChase//ShowAxis = No//AllowZoom = Yes//InitialZoom = 1.0//SmoothZoomTime = 2.0//ShowWeather = Yes//XyzAdjust = FALSE//Transition = Yes//ShowLensFlare=TRUE//Category = Outside//ClipMode = Spot//PitchPanRate=30//HeadingPanRate=75//PanAcceleratorTime=03.Save the file and go flying! ;-)4.This still does not help with restoring the panel windows with the correct size at the correct position after loading a saved flight in windowed mode... ;-) :-(Greg

Guest Bud

Still no response to my email to Phil's blog. Did notice that he's now posting here about the blurries. Makes it all the more strange that we continue to have to wait for a response on this issue.Bud