Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

PMDG 737 MSFS in AAO

Hello @ll,

apart from the K:ROTOR_BRAKE events, the classic PMDG SDK Events and Variables are working too with the new plane.

So I have decided to activate the PMDG logic in AAO for the MSFS version too (that code was already there for the other sims). PMDG specific events and variables will be present in the selection lists, plus there is an automated script to gather the data. Events are working OK, but reading the variables seems really sluggish. Not sure what is going on there, this is working fine in the other sims. Code base is the NG3 though, since there is no official SDK yet from PMDG. So some events might do unxepected things (and you may want to use the ROTOR_BRAKE after all). But things like reading MCP_Altitude work OK, albeit quite slow.

If you want to test AAO version 2.30 please send an email with your proof of purchase to the support address on the last page of the manual.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

This is working great so far in 2.30, btw. Haven’t run into any issues mapping to my Bravo. 

Sent you an email....

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

Small update, version 2.30 will also have a Web FMC for the 737.

52076196990_008fba78d2_c.jpg

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

The ROTOR BRAKE input events are working well.  But how about output events? I'm trying to get the x-touch buttons to light when AP buttons are pushed (e.g. VNAV).  I'm I correct that LVARs will be needed for these type of events?

Oliver, sent you an email.. eager to test out v2.30 for the 737..

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

15 hours ago, Noncon said:

The ROTOR BRAKE input events are working well.  But how about output events? I'm trying to get the x-touch buttons to light when AP buttons are pushed (e.g. VNAV).  I'm I correct that LVARs will be needed for these type of events?

Yes, PMDG have added a lot of LVars for "emissive" properties (= to make buttons move or to light them up or not). To send that information to the XT you need MIDI OUT. There is a chapter about that in the AAO manual.

LORBY-SI

On 5/12/2022 at 1:29 AM, Lorby_SI said:

But things like reading MCP_Altitude work OK, albeit quite slow.

hi

did you find the solutions for this ?? i am also making mcp hardware and i want to work with msfs version pmdg

i got LVAR Altitude windows from wasm and simconnect but if i get the mcp windows from wasm LVAR it send me vertical speed value only positive values. its not going donw to negative values

20 minutes ago, Atakan said:

hi

did you find the solutions for this ?? i am also making mcp hardware and i want to work with msfs version pmdg

i got LVAR Altitude windows from wasm and simconnect but if i get the mcp windows from wasm LVAR it send me vertical speed value only positive values. its not going donw to negative values

At the moment it is trial&error. Especially the legacy PMDG SDK "variables" are hit or miss. Altitude is slow to update, but VS is quick and responsive. This is out of my control.

As far as I know the problem with the VS LVar has already been reported to PMDG.

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Yes, PMDG have added a lot of LVars for "emissive" properties (= to make buttons move or to light them up or not). To send that information to the XT you need MIDI OUT. There is a chapter about that in the AAO manual.

Are you adding something to the upcoming release that make these emissive properties show up?  Or will they appear using the current version of AAO if I select "Read LVARs from sim"?

Thanks again!

40 minutes ago, Noncon said:

Or will they appear using the current version of AAO if I select "Read LVARs from sim"?

Either that or you just use them. LVars (BVars, HVars, Events, whatever) don't have to be "defined" or configured. You can just type their name into an RPN script or use it for example with the StreamDeck and AAO will sync it with the simulator. The app doesn't have to "know" a variable to make use of it. If you want to add it to the internal database for your convenience, AAO has a file import and a manual dialog for adding variable definitions - see manual.

Be mindful that LVars have different notations in AAO:
1. (L:mywhateverlvar) is a local numerical variable. It will never leave AAO and the simulator will not know about it
2. (L:mywhateverlvar, String) is a local string variable, it will also not be sent to the simulator

3. (L:propersimvar, Number) is a proper simulator LVar that will be sent to the sim or retrieved from there. You can use all other Units too, you don't have to stick to Number. Just make sure that you write the name of this LVar the same way everywhere, AAO is case sensitive and partial when it comes to space characters

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yes, I was able to do this with BVARs the excellent section in the AAO documentation.  Now I'm looking to get the lights to work on x-touch with pmdg 737, so I think I would need the exact output from the 737 to make it work. 

9 hours ago, Noncon said:

Now I'm looking to get the lights to work on x-touch with pmdg 737, so I think I would need the exact output from the 737 to make it work. 

\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700\Behaviors\PMDG_NG3_VC_700.xml

This file contains all the information you need. The "output" is provided by the LVars in the parts definitions. Be mindful that those LVars will have more values than just 0 and 1 (more like 0 to 100). So the best strategy is to test towards "is 0 or not".

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 5/16/2022 at 1:00 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Small update, version 2.30 will also have a Web FMC for the 737.

52076196990_008fba78d2_c.jpg

how do i get this to work.. I activated those 3 lines in 737_OPtions.ini (CDU data broadcast etc), but I'm not able to open CDU page (same pc, not remote pc).. 

for FBW 320, there used to be some script that you have to launch in admin mode for this work.. am i missing something like that here?

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

i did launch AAO in admin mode.. using v2.30 b10

Vinod Kumar