Sign in to follow this  
cyberandy

World Traffic 3.5 New Version ( X-Plane )

Hi Dave,

there is the new version World Traffic 3.5. In this version there are also new features for 3rd party ATC products.

World Traffic 3.5 Change List

Changes:

• ATC
    • supports IFR and VFR flight
    • requires that users use valid ATC frequencies with frequencies listed on display
    • has auto-tune option for frequencies
    • user may be required to make speed changes or enter holding patterns to maintain separation
    • gives taxi paths to and from runways
    • has interface for other 3rd party ATC products
    • allows for user-defined VFR airspace exit points so ATC can vector VFR flights to these positions

Is it possible to improve the connection between Pilot2ATC and X-Plane with this new interface ? Do you see any advantages ?

I use Pilot2ATC ( 2.6.3.0 Public Beta 2q ) and X-Plane with World Traffic ( 3.5 and previous versions ) for some time. It works quite well. Occasionally, however, there is the problem that the aircraft generated by WT remain "frozen" in Pilot2ATC. I have installed the standard plugin of Pilot2ATC in X-Plane. Even after a restart of Pilot2ATC no planes are visible. Therefore, I suspect it is the plugin in X-Plane.

Best regards
Andreas

This is something, that I would like to hear too ? I´we tryed the new version, but P2ATC does not see AI planes, or if it does, they are awkvard positions, ground traffic is lined up in middle of Atlantic ocean and so on. When i´m using Traffic Global, this kind of behavier does not occur.

It has to be something to do with the WT plugin because Traffic Global works fine with P2ATC and so does the Live Traffic plugin.

I have played around with WT3, since it was released, and it promises more, than it really gives. If I had to choose betveen these two traffic plugins, I would take Traffic Global. WT3 is buggy and it should be labeld as "beta", this is just my opinion.

Would like to know if this can be explored. Currently, Pilot2ATC cannot see WT3 AI aircraft but LittleNavMap can see them ok.

Been a while but It depends on WT support for X plane 11.55 and the new AI arrays.  P2A option for AI traffic for 11.55 is unchecked then the old method is utilized.  I think this option may relate to your problem of not seeing the traffic.

Ground traffic will freeze when aircraft goes above 3000ft.  Disable/enable ground traffic will remove and rebuild.

Would like to see this too.

I usually use Traffic Global, but it seems to be crashing my sim too often. Just installed latest WT3.5.0 so would like P2A and WT to talk to each other :)

I am little bit lost here. New version of Pilot2ATC comes with a X-Plane plugin to detect and communicate "TCAS" traffic to P2A external program. This works flawlessly in Traffic Global.  New version of WT3.5 also uses has TCAS toggle. In theory this should just work like Traffic Global.  I can see WT3 traffic in default map of XP12.  Is there a reason the TCAS info is not broadcasted back to P2A? Should we contact the WT3.5 developer? 

Per the manual https://classicjetsims.com/downloads/WorldTraffic.pdf 

Toggle Plugin Control of Aircraft TCAS  – If you want WorldTraffic AI planes to show up on your aircraft's TCAS display, set this to ON. You no longer need to set AI planes in the X-Plane Flight Configuration menu. In fact you should normally set the number of AI planes to zero unless you are using another traffic app that needs them or possibly some ATC apps. To tell if it's working, press the “m” key in X-Plane to open the X-Plane map display. The closest 60 planes to the user should show on the map. If they don't show on a specific X-Plane aircraft TCAS display but do display on the X-Plane map, then the problem resides in the aircraft's TCAS display implementation.

◦ Note that the World Traffic TCAS setting will go back to OFF if there is another plugin trying to use TCAS. The X-Plane log.txt file will show you this information. You will have to decide what plugin has control of TCAS as it it unfortunately can't be shared among plugins.

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

I am not sure what happened but suddenly P2A started to show WT3 traffic once I am airborne.  I will investigate further. 

image.png

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2