Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rayed

HiFi release TWO new products for FSX

Guest JIMJAM

That did it. Thanks Carl

Guest MauiHawk

removed-- I'm a retard.

Guest MauiHawk

####, you beat me to it... I meant to delete because I'm a retard.

No disability-we are always learning. 18 years ago before I had a flying lesson I asked a pilot I knew why the ils didn't work in fs1 (I thought once you tuned it in it guided you in from any position and altitude right down to the runway-talk about learning disabled!). I think you are perhaps talking about the rmi? It does work that way-here is the one in my plane...next to the hsi. It gives the bearing to a vor/adf.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172782.jpg

Guest GREENGRASS

Is it required to remove the old active sky first?Don

Guest MauiHawk

> I think you are perhaps talking about the rmi? It does work>that way-here is the one in my plane...next to the hsi. It>gives the bearing to a vor/adf.darn it, man... yeah, you got it.On a previous flight in the Baron I was frustrated that I could't set the heading on what I thought was the secondary hsi. Next time I'll look it up before posting. Oh well, at least now I don't have to worry that the "knobs" are broken.

Guest Challenger604

So do I understand everyone correctly that by adding this software there is NO loss of FPS based on what I am getting now?

Guest MauiHawk

>So do I understand everyone correctly that by adding this>software there is NO loss of FPS based on what I am getting>now?This is not my place to say it, really, but I think what has been said is that the cloud textures from XGraphics won't decrease FPS unless you select higher than default res clouds. It was also mentioned a while back in the hifi forum that the weather engine will consume a most 15% of the cpu, and less than 5% most of the time. Also, on dual-core, the engine should run mostly/entirely on the 2nd core. Basicaly it sounds like it may eat a frame or two per second if you don't have dual core-- but nothing noticable.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=32602&page=3

ASX is a keep! The guys over at Microsoft haven't got a clue... ;-)This one regrets he did not push the "Combo" button... Is there a way to acquire Xgraphics still with some discount? (Where are all the Wallmart-coupons when you need them, he he)Thanks for a great product,Scandi426Oslo, Norway

Guest draky

I jumped on the HiFi band-wagon with Active Sky years ago and have just downloaded their new package with the graphics last night - yet to try it but sure it will not dissapoint anyone with the bucks to spend. The themes in the graphics are certainly very impressive but yet to try them out in the sim..... happy flying y'all