Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rayed

HiFi release TWO new products for FSX

HiFi has announced the official release of TWO brand new products exclusively for FSXanyone buy these yet?OK maybe not as yet since it was released 4 minutes ago....520 Meg download for the comboal

Guest AkeldamaUK

I've just bought them. Currently downloading so I can't offer my impressions yet.I expect to be very impressed, I loved Active Sky 6 and was involved in the beta for the integration with Flight Environment.

Yup, downloading as I type... Bundle package comming down at around 400k/sec...Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Everybody loves a link. ;)www.hifisim.com

Woohoo! Please let us know impressions afterwards.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I'm behind a firewall here at work and can't go to their site :(Could someone tell me what they are? My curiosity is getting the better of me.Regards,Mark>HiFi has announced the official release of TWO brand new>products exclusively for FSX>>anyone buy these yet?>>>OK maybe not as yet since it was released 4 minutes ago....>>520 Meg download for the combo>>>>al

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

It is Active Sky weather engine made exclusively for FSXand X-Graphicssimilar in spirit but not content to the ASV6 and Graphics of FS9 antiquity.al

Guest JIMJAM

Download speeds for me were in the 500-600 range.I got the bundle.No time yet to give a detailed report but the first thing I noticed was the great haze and visibilty effects.Alot of menu options but on my setup, the right side of the menu is chopped off. The side that has all the cloud settings.Might be my ultr high rez settings.So far both areas Ive flown with real weather the fps was really good.One area was 9 mile vis scattered haze.I did not see the dreaded in/out vis problems.Other area was keyw with clear skies. The vis effects and the lighting work really well.

Is X-Graphics something like Ground Environment...? Or IS it just that but than for FSX...?

Hi,No, nothing like.... Its Clouds, Sky Colors, Water, Runway, Airport Surface, Lights, Lightning, Sound effects and more.... All exclusively for FSX. http://www.hifisim.com for details..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest PPSFA

thanks! Just made my first flight and WOW !!!!!! Definatly a MUST HAVE for FSX

What Damian said plus also it looks kind of like X-Graphics is what AEU (Airport Environment Upgrade) was to FS2004...plus more. AEU was just airport things like taxiways, and the like.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Okay, but er... should I wait for Ground Environment for FSX...? Doesn't it share something with X-Graphics...? Main question: if this is all looking better, and if so, will it hurt fps? Or does it also have performance enhancements? (Maybe I just should read the blurb on the site... ;) )Okay, started reading: what is 'User-freindly interface'...? :(

Hi,Not familiar with that product or its potential availability.... we did compatibility integration with the FS2004 product but have not heard anything in quite a while. X Graphics should work fine with any other add-on even if certain categories of textures are shared, by using the advanced options to turn categories on/off.FPS is not affected unless you turn up cloud resolution (optional, and may not negatively affect you regardless). We default at normal FSX resolutions so there is no penalty here.Thanks for the catch on the text.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies