Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

AAO and the Fenix

30 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Personally I am really upset about the fact that "we", the users, have to figure out all this by ourselves, time and time again. That is not the way it should be.

I really don't know why ASOBO, P#D as far as that goes can't do as Xplane and have individual Controller setup per aircraft.

33 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I really don't know why ASOBO, P#D as far as that goes can't do as Xplane and have individual Controller setup per aircraft.

Controller setup as in every single button, knob and switch in a VC can be mapped? Even non-standard ones, that are not part of the core simulator logic?

And the mapping can be done to Joysticks, MIDI devices, Arduino boards - whatever? In XP itself??

IMO, the problem that we have in MSFS is, that the developers just disregard the SDK. There are perfectly fine K: events available to control a great many things. But the makers of aircraft decide that they want to do their own "thing", and they all use different methods - LVars, HVars, BVars, ROTOR_BRAKE pattern and whatnot. Instead of using the standard events at least for the standard controls. Like AP selected altitude, see above.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Crabby said:

(L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE,·Number) is the Lvar (read from AAO) for changing the altitude.  I cannot figure out how to actually make it change.  The things I did for the 737 are not working of course, event ID vs Lvars.  What say the gurus?

The Behavior code says this:

<ON_INC>(L:#VAR_NAME#) ++ (&gt;L:#VAR_NAME#)</ON_INC>
            <ON_DEC>(L:#VAR_NAME#) -- (&gt;L:#VAR_NAME#)</ON_DEC>

with in this case the #VAR_NAME# being E_FCU_ALTITUDE
So in AAO the scripts would be 
INC
(L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number) ++ (>L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number)

DEC
(L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number) -- (>L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number)

But I can't test it at the moment, just looking at the XML file

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

The Behavior code says this:

<ON_INC>(L:#VAR_NAME#) ++ (&gt;L:#VAR_NAME#)</ON_INC>
            <ON_DEC>(L:#VAR_NAME#) -- (&gt;L:#VAR_NAME#)</ON_DEC>

with in this case the #VAR_NAME# being E_FCU_ALTITUDE
So in AAO the scripts would be 
INC
(L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number) ++ (>L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number)

DEC
(L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number) -- (>L:E_FCU_ALTITUDE, Number)

But I can't test it at the moment, just looking at the XML file

works!

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

I am watching the following event

(L:I_FCU_HEADING_MANAGED,·Number):[1.000000] is returned when I push the button

(L:I_FCU_HEADING_MANAGED,·Number):[0.000000] is returned when I pull the button

now, can I write a script to make those things happen (push/pull) the button

(L:I_FCU_HEADING_MANAGED,·Number) (>L:1) for push and (>L:0) ?

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

If anybody is looking for a solution for the flaps lever, here is mine:

52087634159_e46be6980c_c.jpg

LORBY-SI

If anyone can help me with a script to cycle through different LVars that would be appreciated.

I would like to cycle through the Autobrake settings:

LO > MED > MAX > OFF 

and then back round again etc.

WAT1036.png

52 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

If anyone can help me with a script to cycle through different LVars that would be appreciated.

I would like to cycle through the Autobrake settings:

LO > MED > MAX > OFF 

and then back round again etc.

What is the Lvar and what is the value range (=what value of the LVar corresponds to which setting?)

I normally use this pattern: This toggles all positions upwards then downwards, then upwards etc. You can easily adapt it to 0-1-2-3-0-1-2-3 too (assuming that there is an event where you can force "OFF" from any position - otherwise you are stuck with the up/down cycle).

(L:switch_229_73X,·Number)·s0·(L:switch229dir)·s1·
l0·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·0·s1·}·
l0·10·==·if{·l1·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·els{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·}·
l0·20·==·if{·l1·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·els{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·}·
l0·30·==·if{·l1·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·els{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·}·
l0·40·==·if{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·1·s1·}·
l1·(>L:switch229dir)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Is anyone having success mapping the Bravo toggle siwtches to the F/D? The F/D buttons are pushbuttons in the sim, so toggle on is like you're holding the button down. Not sure if I'm explaining it, but I basically need the toggle to press the button and release it.

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

What is the Lvar and what is the value range (=what value of the LVar corresponds to which setting?)

I normally use this pattern: This toggles all positions upwards then downwards, then upwards etc. You can easily adapt it to 0-1-2-3-0-1-2-3 too (assuming that there is an event where you can force "OFF" from any position - otherwise you are stuck with the up/down cycle).

(L:switch_229_73X,·Number)·s0·(L:switch229dir)·s1·
l0·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·0·s1·}·
l0·10·==·if{·l1·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·els{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·}·
l0·20·==·if{·l1·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·els{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·}·
l0·30·==·if{·l1·0·==·if{·22902·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·els{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·}·}·
l0·40·==·if{·22901·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)·1·s1·}·
l1·(>L:switch229dir)

Thanks Oliver,

So the LVars to turn on are:

1 (L:S_MIP_AUTOBRAKE_LO)

1 (L:S_MIP_AUTOBRAKE_MID)

1 (L:S_MIP_AUTOBRAKE_MAX)

So i guess I would want cycle through all 3 then turn off MAX at the end (so 4 Positions?) before starting at Min again.

What is this LVar in your code:

L:switch229dir

Is that an "internal" LVar or a PMDG one?

WAT1036.png

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Is anyone having success mapping the Bravo toggle siwtches to the F/D? The F/D buttons are pushbuttons in the sim, so toggle on is like you're holding the button down. Not sure if I'm explaining it, but I basically need the toggle to press the button and release it.

I use this code, tried it with a toggle switch and it seems to work OK.

1·(>L:S_FCU_EFIS1_FD,·Number)·(WAIT:100)·0·(>L:S_FCU_EFIS1_FD,·Number)·(WAIT:1000)·1·(>L:S_FCU_EFIS2_FD,·Number)·(WAIT:100)·0·(>L:S_FCU_EFIS2_FD,·Number)

WAT1036.png