Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

What replay app works best ?

Hi,

I wonder if someone can give me advice regarding which replay app works best with FENIX. I just want to watch my landings from outside view.

I tried the build in beta replay from dev mode, which is mostly working. The only problem I have is that when replay ends and I am back in my plane, I lost switches animation ( I can click the swichtes but they do not move ).

Any advices ?

Best regards,

Pierre

• Like 1

I'd also like to know. What I'm interested in the most is watching my takeoff and landings. I hope MSFS's built-in replay will eventually get there. I just need a simple and intuitive way for me to be able to watch my replays. I'd also like to be able to capture certain sections of my replays and save them out as short video clips so that I can further bring into a video editing software such as Finalcut Pro to make some nice videos.

I really wish there a developer can make a 1st person passenger addon for MSFS where we can simulate being a passenger and choose a seat and just watch the plane depart and land at the airports of your choosing. That way I can fully enjoy the scenery and focus on other things. Because if you're flying the plane, it's really hard to focus on getting the perfect passenger wing view and such.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm about to try SkyDolly and see how that goes. I'll report back my experience.

I can't get my head around MSFS's built-in recorder.

Update:

I tried it with a non-complex aircraft. Works really well. Simple to use.

I'll try it with a airliner later today and see how it handles complex aircraft.

Edited by RichieFly
moar

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I've used a little app called Flight Recorder. it's here: https://flightsim.to/file/8163/flight-recorder

It's not real fancy but will do the job well. It lacks some theatric polish, but if you just wan to watch T/O's and landings without any hassle, this will do it. Depends a lot on using drone camera..Doesn't take up much space.. Good luck.. tp

33 minutes ago, simtech209 said:

I've used a little app called Flight Recorder. it's here: https://flightsim.to/file/8163/flight-recorder

It's not real fancy but will do the job well. It lacks some theatric polish, but if you just wan to watch T/O's and landings without any hassle, this will do it. Depends a lot on using drone camera..Doesn't take up much space.. Good luck.. tp

I've found this to be easy to use and light on frame rates when recording.  You will want to select the aircraft first and with engines on.  A little free gem!

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

3 hours ago, Pochi said:

Hi,

I wonder if someone can give me advice regarding which replay app works best with FENIX. I just want to watch my landings from outside view.

I tried the build in beta replay from dev mode, which is mostly working. The only problem I have is that when replay ends and I am back in my plane, I lost switches animation ( I can click the swichtes but they do not move ).

Any advices ?

Best regards,

Pierre

You either read my post on using tags and decided to be the leader in this effort...or simultaneously had the epiphany the same time I did. 🙂

Either way....GOOD ON YA' MATE!   If everyone did this, all we'd have to do is click on the red tag it would take us to the specific posts we're interested in. 😉 

A sincere thanks!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Oh yes I read your post! Was not aware of tag use, it is great idea !Thanks

And thanks for answers regarding replay. I will try Flight recorder.

Pierre