Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carl Hackman

Hifi on second PC.

OK.. I have downloaded the HiFi ActiveSky X. PAkcage (Both of them)I was going to Install it on secondary PC. But what about textures GraphixX. How would it install from the second PC to the primary?Do I have to install them in both the PC? or do I install GraphicX in my Primary PC and the ASZ on the secondary?Has anyone done this type of install?ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It should be OK to tryAnyway you can uninstall X Graphics after if it dod not connect correctly after, it does take a while, but then you can re-install it as many times as you like without hindering default FSXallenOR SO I THINKal

Yes, you can install both on a client machine (Second Machine). ASX will send the textures via the netowrk to the server machine. You will need FSX deluxe edition to set up Simconnect so this will all happen of course.Actually, I guess you could set up X graphics on the second machine and send the textures without SimConnect manually.

Guest Carl Hackman

HiThe applications can be installed in either configuration.X Graphics obtains the Weather data from the FSX Server therefore it doesn't matter which machine either application is installed on.There are obviously some functionality differences between each install location.1. If X Graphics is installed on a PC other than the FSX PC then X Graphics cannot start FSX automatically.2. If X Graphics is installed on a PC other than the ASX PC then ASX cannot start X Graphics and the Wx Influenced textures will have to be installed via the X Graphics interface.Hope this helpsRegardsCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hi,it was not easily set up, but when I finally got it set up I am very pleased with it. Don't know if this is the correct procedure, but this is how I went:1. Loaded ASX on the client and went to departure airport from Map2. Clicked "Report" in ASX and clicked "Install X Graphics Textures"3. Started FSXBoth FSX and X Graphics are on the client.This is what I got, I am very pleased with it (even with 128 textures):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...58901&mode=fullEagle

Hi Carl,I have been in touch with you a couple of times through MS Messenger while you were with GE. I see that you are now developing for Hifi. How nice!Wishing you all the bestJ.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI