Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

GTN 750/Piper Arrow Question

How do I install the GTN 750 in the Piper Arrow. I have downloaded it and put it in my community folder but it doesn’t show up in the EFB on the Arrow. Do I have to install it somewhere else? Thanks

John Snyder Jr

If it is installed correctly it should be just a matter of opening up the tablet (see pic below) and selecting the GTN750 as your preferred option.

Screenshot__190__zTWRl_1PKMenS.png?tr=n-

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

I installed it exactly as stated on the website but it doesn't show up in the Piper Arrow EFB. It does not show in Content Manager in MSFS either so I'm thinking maybe I did something wrong but can't figure out what, seems so simple 😞

John Snyder Jr

4 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

I installed it exactly as stated on the website but it doesn't show up in the Piper Arrow EFB. It does not show in Content Manager in MSFS either so I'm thinking maybe I did something wrong but can't figure out what, seems so simple 😞

Sometimes these addons come in a folder, then inside of that is a sub folder, which holds the add on itself. Make sure the folder you put in the community folder, when you open it, has the files for the GTN 750. 

gtn750/gtn750/files......

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

How do I install the GTN 750 in the Piper Arrow. I have downloaded it and put it in my community folder but it doesn’t show up in the EFB on the Arrow. Do I have to install it somewhere else? Thanks

Hi John,

I had the same issue while installing it with the Cessna 414.

check two things:

1. Are you 100% sure that you are using the correct community folder? Steam or MS edition you do have? Do you have any other mods installed just to confirm where it is?

2. My second error is that you will need to select the Piper with the GTN750 from the LIVERY buttons while selecting your plane. In my case, with the Cessna 414 ... the option to select the GN 750 GPS is in the livery section. I guess it should probably be the same for you.

4 hours ago, LouP said:

Which GTN did you get (who is the publisher)?

LouP

Yes, exactly.

What are we talking about: PMS50 or TDS?

Also John:

• Show us a screenshot of the VC with the tablet on
  • In case: make sure Battery is on

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Frag said:

My second error is that you will need to select the Piper with the GTN750 from the LIVERY buttons while selecting your plane. In my case, with the Cessna 414 ... the option to select the GN 750 GPS is in the livery section. I guess it should probably be the same for you.

That's a negative Sir!    Unlike the 414 the GTN750 works in all the liveries.  The use of it is completely independent of any livery, you use the EFB to enable it.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1