Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

Please help getting my AI traffic working.

Since about SU5 my AI realtime and offline traffic does not work. I know the Asobo AI is a bit naff, but I used to get some AC landing and taking off, but since SU5 nothing moves. I can get AC at the gates but they all Just stay there. I have tried a couple of AI programes, "Simple Traffic" & AIG, I know simple traffic relies on the Asobo traffic to work, but again lots parked at gates but nothing moves, but even with AIG, no movement. I think most simmers have AI traffic working as I have seen this in YT vids, not sure if it is just some. As far as I know I don't think Asobo has ever commented on it, only about making RT traffic better. Any Ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.   John.

hi John there are several instructions on youtube. are you using AImanager and AItraffic controller?

MSFS2020 **LIVE TRAFFIC** AIG AI manager Download & Install Tutorial Very detailed - YouTube

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Guest abranpuko
3 hours ago, bloxboy said:

Since about SU5 my AI realtime and offline traffic does not work. I know the Asobo AI is a bit naff, but I used to get some AC landing and taking off, but since SU5 nothing moves. I can get AC at the gates but they all Just stay there. I have tried a couple of AI programes, "Simple Traffic" & AIG, I know simple traffic relies on the Asobo traffic to work, but again lots parked at gates but nothing moves, but even with AIG, no movement. I think most simmers have AI traffic working as I have seen this in YT vids, not sure if it is just some. As far as I know I don't think Asobo has ever commented on it, only about making RT traffic better. Any Ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.   John.

Hello Bloxboy.
The truth is that MSFS air traffic is very bad, even after they have announced it as real, they have been hiding for two years from claiming that they have sold something that was not yet finished or working properly. The proof is not my words but the facts, and when you are in MSFS, the planes do strange things all the time, they go very slow, they do not respect separation distance, they have generic models that are not the real liveries and they also lower performance a lot . So: there is nothing.
But fortunately there are people who do beautiful things, even for free, so that those of us who love to fly realistically have better opportunities.
Try PSXT and Real traffic, or AIG Manager and AIG Controller.
For me the first couple is better.
Of course, you have to study and the road is not easy.
Microsoft doesn't hire them, because if it did, a lot of things would already be resolved.
A hug!

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

The proof is not my words but the facts, and when you are in MSFS, the planes do strange things all the time, they go very slow, they do not respect separation distance, they have generic models that are not the real liveries and they also lower performance a lot . So: there is nothing.

If  you still have time to edit your message you might add that this reference is to traffic aircraft in MSFS, not the model or models being flown by the the sim user.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Guys, you seem to be missing my point, the DEFAULT AI traffic in my MSFS, "DOES NOT MOVE" no matter what setting. You should, even with the default AI get the odd 1 or 2 planes landing, taking off or taxiing, but I get nothing, I can leave it for hours on RT or offline traffic and still nothing moves at any airport you care to name, the only thing that does move are the ground vehicles, So programes like "Simple Traffic" and I assume "AIG" rely on some sort of default AI, So even with these two programes I have installed there is still no movement, and yes "AIG Manager & AIG Traffic controller" is setup and configured correctly, as said previously there is plenty of traffic at the gates, they Just don't move. I know PSXT & Real Traffic does not rely on the MSFS default AI, but seeing how well AIG works in YT vids that is what I would prefer if I could get this default AI to work. Thanks for looking.  John.

any third party nav-data installed? If yes remove it and try again.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

11 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

any third party nav-data installed? If yes remove it and try again.

How does the user know that they have a third party nav-data installed?

Does an add-on like Navigraph install updated nav-data? That's the only ap that I can think of.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 hours ago, bloxboy said:

You are correct that the AI traffic features in MSFS are botched or don't operate very well at all. AI offline (even with Simple Traffic) throws airliners anywhere and everywhere. Low flying airplanes at some airports (happens randomly,) poor taxi or on air separation, and I've even seen upside down aircraft and on top of each other. The "live traffic" setting is a little better, but still needs improvement.

With such a robust & beautiful sim and two years of development, one would think that this would be a priority and that customers would be clamoring for the AI feature to be fixed. Don't get me started n the live weather or ATC features. 😀

The only option we have right now is AIG models with the AIG Traffic Controller. When it worked for me it was a must have add-on for MSFS.

Edited by DJJose

we know that installing NAVIGRAPH data into MSFS can have some impact on AI operations, to solve this, remove the content.xml and let it get rebuild

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

we know that installing NAVIGRAPH data into MSFS can have some impact on AI operations, to solve this, remove the content.xml and let it get rebuild

Kai, I used to have Navigraph installed but removed it a while ago and as far as I know I have cleared out any remnants of it. So would this content.xml file still be around?. Can you tell me if AIG needs the default AI to be working to make the AIG traffic to move, because that is my problem the built in default MSFS traffic does not move for me, with or without any externals AI programs. John.

default AI must be working, since we use the same system in the Sim. Use the MSFS Forum to find a way to remove the content.xml

Thanks Kai for letting me know about AIG. I have found the "Content.xml" file in my Appdata/MSFS directory. Look at the first few lines, it says FS Nav Data = False, but the Navigraph Nav Data = True.

Content>
<Package name="fs-base-ui-vr" active="true"/>
<Package name="fs-base-ai-traffic" active="true"/>
<Package name="fs-base" active="true"/>
<Package name="fs-base-nav" active="false"/>
<Package name="navigraph-navdata-base" active="true"/>

But I do not have Navigraph installed anymore, so not sure where it is picking that up from. Should I just delete the Navigraph line and change the "Base NAV" to = true ?.  Thanks. John. 

You could to be safe, just rename content.xml to content.xml.off. Restart MSFS 2020 and the content.xml will be rebuilt. Then recheck and see if navigraph is still listed in the new content.xml file. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

19 minutes ago, bloxboy said:

Thanks Kai for letting me know about AIG. I have found the "Content.xml" file in my Appdata/MSFS directory. Look at the first few lines, it says FS Nav Data = False, but the Navigraph Nav Data = True.

Content>
<Package name="fs-base-ui-vr" active="true"/>
<Package name="fs-base-ai-traffic" active="true"/>
<Package name="fs-base" active="true"/>
<Package name="fs-base-nav" active="false"/>
<Package name="navigraph-navdata-base" active="true"/>

But I do not have Navigraph installed anymore, so not sure where it is picking that up from. Should I just delete the Navigraph line and change the "Base NAV" to = true ?.  Thanks. John. 

After you find the Content.xml  file you can delete it.

MSFS will create a new one on reload.

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

You are correct that the AI traffic features in MSFS are botched or don't operate very well at all. AI offline (even with Simple Traffic) throws airliners anywhere and everywhere. Low flying airplanes at some airports (happens randomly,) poor taxi or on air separation, and I've even seen upside down aircraft and on top of each other. The "live traffic" setting is a little better, but still needs improvement.

With such a robust & beautiful sim and two years of development, one would think that this would be a priority and that customers would be clamoring for the AI feature to be fixed. Don't get me started n the live weather or ATC features. 😀

The only option we have right now is AIG models with the AIG Traffic Controller. When it worked for me it was a must have add-on for MSFS.

Just use Online Traffic, and all the craziness of AI traffic will disappear. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310