Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

FSRealistic Pro is out!!

1 hour ago, LouP said:

Again, it's you and your perspective out the window that is moving, not the cabin.  If it is not something that is working for you, then I guess you can just shut it off.

LouP

Lou...I understand what the effect is trying to do.  I understand that...but what I am saying that it (the present left, right view from the cabin) visual, does not impart that your body is moving....(shaking, or being jolted).  It totally looks like the side of the window ledge/ window,(the entire side of the cabin/cockpit)  is moving up and down, side to side, independent of the wings....  If you only view through the forward cockpit window, and out the dash,  it is of course less apparent.  But seeing the window frame move up and down independent of the wings as though broken off loose from the airframe ,   should be addressed in updates/bug fixes, if it can be... Take the Baron 58 up for a spin...and look out the left or right side window with noted turbulence or wind...and you will see what I am typing about.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

I use it all the time, and don't see any of this, but I don't drink before flying either🤨

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I use it all the time, and don't see any of this, but I don't drink before flying either🤨

Fly the Baron...find turbulence...look out the side window, with moving the mouse/view to keep it there...and you certainly will....the wing will stay still and the window frame will move up and down as though independent of the rest of the body outside the cockpit. You most certainly will...this is not system dependent.

37 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No idea about that. Hold on to your money for now.

I sure hope that it can be looked at,...that he can address this, and that it is not an MSFS camera 'dictate' issue. It is certainly an immersion buster when viewing.  I love the product, so no rant...but hopefully this can be addressed (somehow).

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

I am not sure that the effect of the window's vertical movement out of synch with the wing is a fault, except perhaps in amplitude. The angle of view of the pilot's vision would not render the wing (farther away) and the window (inches away) moving up and down in synch. Perhaps the effect is overdone (amplitude) but I do not think the effect itself is wrong. Maybe this needs a bit of adjustment by the developers, or perhaps when the user sets the settings for the aircraft. Apart from nits like this, I have to say I am overwhelmed how well this addon, using visual affects (vibration and shaking) and sound makes aircraft that previously seemed "dead" when in the cabin to be much more like being in a noisy, vibrating piece of machinery (at least in the case of a piston GA aircraft). So far have used it successfully on the JustFlight PA 28 and the Carenado M20R Ovation, and the immersion affect is very, very good. I was not able to get the addon to load on the Carenado PA44 Seminole, for some reason, and haven't had the time yet to try it on other planes. 

If you do not have this addon yet, it is well worth the price in my opinion. And the developer seems to be receptive to the suggestions that have been raised on this forum.

It a great product, but I sure hope what I pointed out can be addressed by the Dev.  The cabin is not grossly moving, so I don't think it is a 'subtle' need to reduce it (the effect), ...just that the cabin moves, independent of the wings...and even in the case of the C172,  the wing and wing struts also do not move (the visual cues...) along with the rest of the cabin, to give you the effect that ONLY, your body and head is moving in the x/y due to jostling from the seat.  Your 'head movement'  does not go up down, this way and that, the entire viewed left or right side of the cabin, is clearly going up and down slip sliding up and down independent of the x/y of the wings...or wing struts...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

No, that isn't the case. The whole cockpit is moving along with your head. The cockpit is not connected to the rest of the plane or something like that if you look to the side. It's borked simple as that. Somethings not right. EDIT I think your eye vs movement is the reverse of what it should be? I'm a bit miffed for thirty quid to be honest.

Yep, exactly....you also see (view it) as I have documented. That is exactly (for the moment!) happening with a left or right side cabin view in turbulence,  with any structure clearly outside the cabin's pervue.  Any comment from the Dev on this thread, would be appreciated,  to see if there is an adjustment/fix for this visual...and thanks. This is a pretty important 'Pro' version feature....and would not wish to have to turn it off, or merely 'live with it'.  (!).

Edited by Sesquashtoo

22 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Fly the Baron...find turbulence...look out the side window, with moving the mouse/view to keep it there...and you certainly will....the wing will stay still and the window frame will move up and down as though independent of the rest of the body outside the cockpit. You most certainly will...this is not system dependent.

I don't fly default aircraft in any sim.

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't fly default aircraft in any sim.

There you go...but I can't see this as not affecting 3rp...but if you can't see outside bodies..as in most 'Big Iron'..then of course you would not see the glitch as mentioned. Wings or outside infrastructure must be in view.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

There you go...but I can't see this as not affecting 3rp...but if you can't see outside bodies..as in most 'Big Iron'..then of course you would not see the glitch as mentioned. Wings or outside infrastructure must be in view.

I doubt there is anything they can do about it. Grossly overpriced imo but Hey, that's life. Suckers like me are born every moment.😀

Edited by jarmstro

35 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I doubt there is anything they can do about it. Grossly overpriced imo but Hey, that's life. Suckers like me are born every moment.😀

On whole...I like what this program does...and just hope that the Dev can address this from a technical outlook.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

What's happening here is the visual side of the cabin, door and window is shifting up and down,  while the wings stay in their default x/y.  So what you see is as if the entire cabin has broken 'bolts' and is flopping loose on the rest of the airframe...

If this turbulence visual is going to work,  (with camera's)  the window and door frame must move in sync with the rest of the airframe, in bumps, etc...  as in also viewing the wings or wing struts through the windows of the buffeting (FSRealistic effect) cabin.

LouP is correct. your virtual 'head' is moving up and down with very slight movements, and because the cabin geometry is much closer to you than the wings, for example, it can give the illusion that one things is moving while the other isn't. look up 'parallax' for a scientific explanation (although if i were feeling snarky i'd say it should be common sense... 😉 )

it's funny, i remember having this argument with someone about EZdok way back in the day when that came out (a camera tool for FSX originally that had movement effects similar to FSRealistic.) they were absolutely insistent that somehow EZdok was moving the cockpit model but not the rest of the plane...

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, molleh said:

LouP is correct. your virtual 'head' is moving up and down with very slight movements, and because the cabin geometry is much closer to you than the wings, for example, it can give the illusion that one things is moving while the other isn't. look up 'parallax' for a scientific explanation (although if i were feeling snarky i'd say it should be common sense... 😉 )

it's funny, i remember having this argument with someone about EZdok way back in the day when that came out (a camera tool for FSX originally that had movement effects similar to FSRealistic.) they were absolutely insistent that somehow EZdok was moving the cockpit model but not the rest of the plane...

"common sense"?!?!?    By your explanation, then when I am jostled around in my car...my hood should stay still, while my dash and window frames lift and jolt independent of the hood in front of me mere inches from my eyes,...due to parallax...which of course does not happen.  My hood moves in conjunction to everything else that is connected by welds, bolts, and screws.   My car's cabin does not float upon the car's frame...and my eyes (being elevated or descended) with my head, records no such independent 'parallax' error

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

"common sense"?!?!?    By your explanation, then when I am jostled around in my car...my hood should stay still, while my dash and window frames lift and jolt independent of the hood in front of me...due to parallax...which of course does not happen.  My hood moves in conjunction to everything else that is connected by welds, bolts, and screws.   My car's cabin does not float upon the car's frame...and my eyes (being elevated or descended) with my head, records no such independent 'parallax' error

that is literally exactly what does happen in real life. 🤨

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molleh said:

that is literally exactly what does happen in real life. 🤨

spacer.png

Not in mine, Dodge does NOT builds cars and trucks where the cabin is the only thing that moves over bumps independent of the frame it sits upon!...LOL!   I think I shall keep buying Dodge....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Nothing like beating a horse to death. 

Edited by Bobsk8