Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

MSFS birthday present

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Man, I'm lucky to get in a couple of hours on the weekend......

I hate shift work and 12 hour shifts, but the biggest plus are the rostas.  12 Hour shifts means the working week is done in three days, so we often get up to 6 rest days in a row.  Several points in the rosta are 6 rest days, 2 work days and then 4 rest days - take the two off as leave then its a nice stretch of flightsim!  It works the other way too of course with a couple of days off between long shifts.

The other benefit is having days off when everyone else is working, so places and shops are quieter.  The biggest negative is a completely shot body clock and jet lag effects without going anywhere!

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I had a conversation with a guy many years ago who was dead against doing 12 hr shifts,and gave those of us that agreed to it a really hard time. We do 4 on 4 off shifts.

So when he had calmed down i explained to him my reasons, you only spend 6 months of the year at work, then you have your annual leave to take off, which at the time was another 27 days in total, so in reality i spend about 4months working a year he kind of admitted it sounded ok but would never agree to doing it.

Fast forward 2 years and i bumped into him on a type course and the first thing he did was apologise and said he had been forced onto 12hr shifts  and it was the best thing ever, as he could'nt believe how much time he got off.

The other great thing that has already been mentioned is I don't have to deal with shops, golf courses or the usual word not allowed that goes on at weekends

Edited by mazelda

Pete Little

I used to do 12 hour shifts too and it sure does add up to a lot of work free days compared to 9 to 5 but I hated it mostly because it also involved 8pm to 8am shifts. 🤮 That killed me and I had to give it up. But I'm back to working only 2 or 3 days a week anyway. I went for the other method. Charging $100+ per hour for my time! 🤣

12 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Man, I'm lucky to get in a couple of hours on the weekend......

I'm even worse.  I want to fly more but too many projects at the house.  Heck, not even work fits into my schedule hahha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |