Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Maddog revisited

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Leonardo wants you to pay 90 smackers for this bird, and then you need to buy an extra soundpack just to get decent sounds?

Triple extra hard pass!

It was worth the extra $5 to me.  To others, perhaps not.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 minute ago, Gilandred said:

It was worth the extra $5 to me.  To others, perhaps not.

Worth it because the base sounds are mediocre, which is a worrying sign for such an expensive addon.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Again seems hyper focused on the sounds which seems to be selling the rest of the bird short in my opinion. It was said this shows lack of details, but spending any time in the systems of the aircraft proves quite the opposite. The details are in the cake itself, but maybe less on the sugary topping.

- Aaron

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I looked at FT soundpack for MSFS but couldn't find one for Leaonardo MD. Which one do you use?

You're subscribed to the Patreon are you? Its on there and not hard to find. Its like 2 Euro for a subscription.

Edited by shamrockflyer

6 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

You're subscribed to the Patreon are you? Its on there and not hard to find. Its like 2 Euro for a subscription.

No I'm not I just saw the post and went to check it out

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, slait said:

hyper focused on the sounds which seems to be selling the rest of the bird short in my opinion.

Especially since a lot of the sound complaints is that it's too quiet in the cockpit. Well, that's what the real thing was like. I remember flying the DC-9 sim at Northwest Airlines. It was almost spooky how you'd advance the throttles and feel the acceleration, but not really hear the engines. 

5 hours ago, Sethos said:

Worth it because the base sounds are mediocre, which is a worrying sign for such an expensive addon.

Expensive to who" a simmer or a gamer.? Watch video footage on youtube and see how the engine sounds in real life to what the Maddog represents where the captain and copilot sits. It's not much off.

Edited by jbdbow1970