Sign in to follow this  
TooLowTooSlow

Odd one with Fenix A320

I stumbled while executing a routine task on the Fenix A320 last night - and can't figure it out 🙃 

In a nutshell, found myself unable to set my primary flight plan up properly although all is imported fine from SimBrief, pre-flight checklist all ok, mcdu all good, perf all calculated and so on. All was double-checked, if not triple-checked. 

I simply wasn't able to select Runway / SIDs / STARs for my primary F-Plan. I would click the corresponding keys but the input would not register. Tried on my Sec F-Plan instead and, magic, no problem whatsoever ! Activated Secondary F-Plan and Bob was my Uncle. But why? I still can't figure this one out, never happened before.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is it a bug, over-confidence in my routine setup, failed muscle memory?!

Cheers,

2Low2Slow 

Edited by TooLowTooSlow

This one is weird indeed, never experienced it, but last time I used the Fenix I came accross yet another weirdiness...

- all of a sudden I lost all controller inputs. I could still manipulate the throttles, for instance, using the mouse, or keyboard, T16000, Saitek X52 HOTAS unit and Saitek pedals didn't work.

- I had been editing the thropttle inputs by clearing the throttle axis and making it all through T16000 keys, for throttle 1 up / down, throttle 2 up / down...

- I left the session and loaded a default aircraft instead, could probably had worked with the Fenix too, and all was good.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

This one is weird indeed, never experienced it, but last time I used the Fenix I came accross yet another weirdiness...

- all of a sudden I lost all controller inputs. I could still manipulate the throttles, for instance, using the mouse, or keyboard, T16000, Saitek X52 HOTAS unit and Saitek pedals didn't work.

Did you maybe press the active pause by accident?

Just now, Ridvan Celik said:

Did you maybe press the active pause by accident?

I am 80% sure the problem was on me, something I did, but surely not that one because I could actually control i.e. the thropttles and interact with other systems without problem.

Again, since the Fenix is now the aircraft I use 95% of the time when I load MFS, it looked weird, but I think it was something I did wrong...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

I had a similar weird thing with the Fenix.  I was setting on the runway for takeoff and pushed the throttle all the way forward.  The speed tape showed me accelerating all the way past 230 kts or so.  I switched to the External View and the plane was still at the start of the runway, not moving. Weird.

Roy

On 6/24/2022 at 2:22 AM, TooLowTooSlow said:

I stumbled while executing a routine task on the Fenix A320 last night - and can't figure it out 🙃 

In a nutshell, found myself unable to set my primary flight plan up properly although all is imported fine from SimBrief, pre-flight checklist all ok, mcdu all good, perf all calculated and so on. All was double-checked, if not triple-checked. 

I simply wasn't able to select Runway / SIDs / STARs for my primary F-Plan. I would click the corresponding keys but the input would not register. Tried on my Sec F-Plan instead and, magic, no problem whatsoever ! Activated Secondary F-Plan and Bob was my Uncle. But why? I still can't figure this one out, never happened before.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is it a bug, over-confidence in my routine setup, failed muscle memory?!

Cheers,

2Low2Slow 

Were your engines running when you set up the flight. That being said, all the experts for the Fenix are on the Discord channel. I have been flying his aircraft multiple times a day since it was released, and everytime I browse the Discord channel either chat or Support Threads, I learn something about the A 320. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

As Bobsk8 said, engines running will limit editing of the primary flight plan in the mcdu.  reportedly, this is real airbus behavior.  But thanks for asking here, as there will now be a google searchable answer to the question if it pops up again for someone.