Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

ORBX Overlapping scenery... HELP PLS

Here's a picture to clearify, please can some one help me? 

https://imgur.com/a/mTmT1Mk

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

You seem to have the FTX England and TrueEarth GB South versions of EGKK active. You need to disable one of them. Is there any particular reason why you are running the FTX England and TrueEarth GB South packages at the same time?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

You seem to have the FTX England and TrueEarth GB South versions of EGKK active. You need to disable one of them. Is there any particular reason why you are running the FTX England and TrueEarth GB South packages at the same time?

Hey, thanks for your quick reply, I have bought True Earth GB North & South... and I also have bought Region EU England from ORBX, can you please tell me in steps what to do with this, I have the same problem with my Aerosoft Heathrow Professional Airport... ? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

You would need to look in the FTX England scenery folders for any files with names that include "EGKK" or "EGLL". You can disable them by adding ".OFF" to the end of the filenames. Alternatively, you can switch off FTX England completely, as you do not need it with TrueEarth GB South and Central installed. Do you have TrueEarth GB Central?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You would need to look in the FTX England scenery folders for any files with names that include "EGKK" or "EGLL". You can disable them by adding ".OFF" to the end of the filenames. Alternatively, you can switch off FTX England completely, as you do not need it with TrueEarth GB South and Central installed. Do you have TrueEarth GB Central?

I have this in my ORBX EGKK folder (see picture) and yes I have also True Earth GB Central

https://imgur.com/a/EIbx1PL

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

You should be able to disable all of those files, but again I ask the question......do you actually need FTX England at all?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You should be able to disable all of those files, but again I ask the question......do you actually need FTX England at all?

Well, at first I bought FTX England for better quality than the original P3D scenery, anyway I just turn the files by naming them to bgl.off like all the EGKK files, including for these sceneries? (see pictures)

Nota bene, I have bought those products just to have them in my simulator although I didn't know that they were the same as you are telling me... 

So can you explain in steps what files to turn off...? 

https://imgur.com/a/mYi0kec

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

48 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

So can you explain in steps what files to turn off...? 

DO NOT go and randomly rename files to .off.

Instead do it the correct way by selecting 'Addons' within P3D and deselecting the areas you no longer want active.

spacer.png

Edited by Sparkrite

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

do you actually need FTX England at all?

Absolutely not, seeing as he has GB True Earth.

45 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

DO NOT go and randomly rename files to .off.
Instead do it the correct way by selecting 'Addons' within P3D and deselecting the areas you no longer want active.

It is in fact perfectly acceptable to rename Orbx airport files to .bgl.off and it is one of two ways to disable individual airports within a regional product.

It should be made clear that renaming the files in that way must only be done if the user has disabled "Hide extension for known file types" in
Windows File Explorer. If they have not, then the file will simply be renamed as filename.off.bgl (.bgl is invisible) and will continue to be active.
This is why so many applied these suggested fixes and then complained that they did not work.

A better way is perhaps to create a new folder, within the Orbx 05 area scenery folder, name it "Unused airports" for clarity and move the airport files into that folder where the simulator cannot see them.

Edited by Reader

Can someone just explain to me what bgl files to turn off? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

23 minutes ago, Reader said:

It is in fact perfectly acceptable to rename Orbx airport files to .bgl.off and it is one of two ways to disable individual airports within a regional product.

If you want to disable individual objects within a scenery, then renaming files to '.off' may well be the only way to do it.

But that IS NOT the case here with OP. He needs to disable complete areas as he has upgraded from FTX to True Earth regions.

And to that end, I have directed him to what IMHO is the best and correct way to do so.

PS.:- He could also just use ORBX Central to uninstall the regions that he has replaced with TE.

Edited by Sparkrite

11 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

Can someone just explain to me what bgl files to turn off? 

@MIQUEL_7, did you not read what I posted above?

14 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

@MIQUEL_7, did you not read what I posted above?

Okay, sorry, I uninstalled ORBX FTX England and did not touch True Earth sceneries like in the picture...

https://imgur.com/a/ZNFc9lS

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe