Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

How do you completely turn off Default ATC?

Not sure how to do this.

Thanks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Except placing ATC audio level at 0 in sound menu I don't think it possible.

I use PF3 for ATC, and never hear or see any default ATC. I just turn off ATC audio, and on the toolbar, uncheck ATC.   Got to Assistance options, User experience, turn off anything that says atc. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I use PF3 for ATC, and never hear or see any default ATC. I just turn off ATC audio, and on the toolbar, uncheck ATC.   Got to Assistance options, User experience, turn off anything that says atc. 

I bought pilot2ATC so I need it like you Bob, So thank you for that info.

Not sure what you ment by "on the toolbar, uncheck ATC" Bob? Do you mean the toolbar at top of screen?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I bought pilot2ATC so I need it like you Bob, So thank you for that info.

Not sure what you ment by "on the toolbar, uncheck ATC" Bob? Do you mean the toolbar at top of screen?

The menu 'tool bar" has an ATC icon. You can disable it there.

Keep in ind that you will not hear the push back voices. You can keep it enabled from the toolbar, then disable it right after you are done.

Let me know how you like Pilot2ATC. Are you going to be using it with a headset to practice your ATC procedures or with the co-pilot feature?

You can PM me if you prefer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

The menu 'tool bar" has an ATC icon. You can disable it there.

Keep in ind that you will not hear the push back voices. You can keep it enabled from the toolbar, then disable it right after you are done.

Let me know how you like Pilot2ATC. Are you going to be using it with a headset to practice your ATC procedures or with the co-pilot feature?

You can PM me if you prefer.

I thought it was voice only and I was wrong, so I looked at it again. Watched a great vid on adding more free voicers.

I have not read a word of the manual. Do not feel the need after watching a few youtube vid's.

I did 2 flight last night with it in the Fenix and loved it. The only thing I need to do was go into my sound mixer and turn the sound up and then use the mixer to drop the sound of MSFS. I only use headphones. Now I have the sound of ATC loud and clear and MSFS at "normal" sound level. 

When I was holding short, it told be to wait and at first had now idea why and then I saw a plane landing, ATC talked to it and when exited the runway told me i was cleared to takeoff. Its wonderfull. The voicers could be better ofc but am not paying 25 pound per voice when I got 6 from windows for free, the voicers are find, I choose the best sounding one, set that as my co pilot and set the co pilot to do all readback and change the radios. Then Set all other voice to random. Perfect for me as i dont want to use voice control.

You have to select clearance/pushback engine start/taxi options from a menu and press a button to "say it". Once you takeoff its all automated by the co pilot. (option to not ofc)

I wish I had bough it years ago.

NOTE: It does not inport SID STARS or FL, you click the SID-STAR UI Icons to add them and also you have to select the approch it can say the right RW but you still need to select ILS/RNAV etc. Also enter the FL.

All easy to do.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I thought it was voice only and I was wrong, so I looked at it again. Watched a great vid on adding more free voicers.

I have not read a word of the manual. Do not feel the need after watching a few youtube vid's.

I did 2 flight last night with it in the Fenix and loved it. The only thing I need to do was go into my sound mixer and turn the sound up and then use the mixer to drop the sound of MSFS. I only use headphones. Now I have the sound of ATC loud and clear and MSFS at "normal" sound level. 

When I was holding short, it told be to wait and at first had now idea why and then I saw a plane landing, ATC talked to it and when exited the runway told me i was cleared to takeoff. Its wonderfull. The voicers could be better ofc but am not paying 25 pound per voice when I got 6 from windows for free, the voicers are find, I choose the best sounding one, set that as my co pilot and set the co pilot to do all readback and change the radios. Then Set all other voice to random. Perfect for me as i dont want to use voice control.

You have to select clearance/pushback engine start/taxi options from a menu and press a button to "say it". Once you takeoff its all automated by the co pilot. (option to not ofc)

I wish I had bough it years ago.

NOTE: It does not inport SID STARS or FL, you click the SID-STAR UI Icons to add them and also you have to select the approch it can say the right RW but you still need to select ILS/RNAV etc. Also enter the FL.

All easy to do.

I'm glad you like it and thanks for sharing.

I also learned everything I know from watching YT videos. There's even one to enable your ATC Chatter through the config.

BTW, the latest beta includes full simbrief support.

Jose

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.