Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Where are the autogen files posted in this forum?

Guest lalo lolo1

I recently re-installed FSX with SP1.I really like this thing, but my FX55 and X1900 XTX barely can handle the settings that I like, mostly the autogen set at max. It is either this or I go back to FS9 since the great textures of FSX are a bit better than GE Pro in FS9, but what makes the difference is the autogen.I did some research here in the forums, and the tweak that I liked the most was one that reduces the quantity of options when FSX looks for autogen, and instead of looking for 40 different kind of trees and/or rooves to display, it looks for a lot less files, resulting in a performance improvement. The problem is that that tweak requires a couple of files that were always attached to the topic, but since they are old, they have been removed.Are the files loaded anywhere else? If not I will be really grateful if someone can upload them again as an attachment when answering this, or anywhere where I can access them.Thanks in advanceLeo

Here is a post at Frugals World that points to a few urls for tweaks

Honestly, I don't understand why Avsim does not host these files. (Or do they?)For some reason, I find them very hard to track down. All links bring me back to Avsim forums and the file links in the posts are dead. Very odd.

>Honestly, I don't understand why Avsim does not host these>files. (Or do they?)>It's not up to Avsim, it's up to the person that created them.

. . are we all talking about the files/tweaks that were posted on Matt Fox's web site?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”