Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

RDPresets LIRN Neaples released - Good quality!

Just a heads-up.

I have bought it via their website! The airport is looking stunning. Lots of details and no elevation issues (Photogrammetry on or off).

The approaches are challenging due the steep glidepath (especially coming in at 24 with 3.5%) and the sloped runway with 0.7%! 

Beautifully done and the price does match the quality in my opinion.

RDPresets Homepage

Happy landings!

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

cool thanks! Naples has been begging for a good airport scenery.

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

That's excellent news. Naples is so a beautiful place with its intriguing geography, that this airport is a must have.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Excellent work indeed. I was eagerly waiting for this one! 🙂
My only concern is the car traffic which goes mad around the airport, particularly next to the main entrance.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Also bought it. It's great to have it but I would not describe it as at all stunning. Fairly cartoonish imo. And expensive. Also, as has been said, the behaviour of the traffic spinning and sliding sideways at the airport is just plain weird and borked.

Edited by jarmstro

20 minutes ago, David Roch said:

My only concern is the car traffic which goes mad around the airport

I haven't visited Naples, but I have been driving in other parts of Southern Italy, and in my experience mad traffic is to be expected sometimes. 

• Like 2

Driving in Naples is one of the scariest things you can do (outside of driving in India - don't, or you will die)!

Things I remember from Naples:

• Traffic lights mean nothing
  • One way street signs mean nothing
  • If your Fiat doesn't have a lot of little dents you must be from Rome
  • If you're on the A3 or similar during rush hour, remember that your 3-lane side of the highway will hold 7 rows of Fiats (2 rows of cars in each lane and one on the berm - this is usually what you get when approaching a toll gate)
  • Like 4

Randall Rocke