Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

what single prop should I get

Guest cobra64

So here is my dilema. I am flying a long distance trip from west to east canada, then probably down the eastern sea board, across the south and back up the west coast to vancouver. My skills are very much still developing and a jet or multi engine is just a bit to much for me right now so i'm wondering what plane (freeware or not) that would be a good easy to fly single engine that is considerably faster than the 172. I'm willing to sacrifice some speed/performance for a nice virtual cockpit model so a well designed plane is important. Thanks for any feedback.

Guest etheberge

I believe what you are looking for is the RealAir SF260. Easy enough to fly once you get the hang of it, great, crisp VC with smooth gauges and spectacular almost 360 degrees views because of the bubble canopy.It's the only plane I fly in FSX right now. I'm currently using it on a round the world flight (not really realistic I know) and I'm loving it. I'm not the only either judging by the number of times it shows up in screenshots here :-)I have no problems cruising at about 150 knots, it's incredibly agile and can be used for aerobatics if you like that sort of thing. Some countries have even used it as a fighter over the years!More info and screenshots at http://www.realairsimulations.com/flash.ph...e=sf26007_introLooks like the also added a bunch of youtube clips where you can see the plane in action: http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box...=sf26007_movies-Erik T

Our Columbia 400 or Cirrus SR20 or SR22 may fit the bill...if not in a hurry, you may want check the the Liberty XL2 as well:-)I know this is rather forward of us but I'm enjoying all three lately:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Payware FSD Saratogafreeware Socata TBM-700

>This Dreamfleet Piper Archer III is very nice and has a>Reality-XP Garmin GPS430 included.>>Regards,>Jim Karn...but it doesn't work with FSX.

I'll add my vote for the RealAir SF260. This aircraft is, IMNSHO, the finest single-engine offering ever, for any version of MSFS. There is no need to sacrifice performance for a good VC. The flight model is unsurpassed and the virtual cockpit has to be tried to be believed - there is simply none better. Try it, you'll like it.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest krswen

I would second the Socata .... if I were to untertake such a trip in the real world with a single it's what I would pick.Download this model: tbm700_a.zip. I used this repaint: n944df.zip.It is a turboprop, but the engine management is uncomplicated and it is pressurized and can get you over the weather when needed. The 850 model (basically just a hp upgrade from the 700) was reviewed in the June 2007 issue of the Aviation Consumer magazine and got high marks. "Easy to fly and goes like blazes" they said. The 850 cruises at 308 kt at max cruise and 228 kt in long range cruise at FL260. The 700 wouldn't be much slower. The model has both 2d and VC panels ... steam guages; the Socata does not have a glass cockpit yet.

Guest krswen

Ooooop ... it just occurs to me that I'm not sure the TBM700 works in FSX. Hope I haven't sent you on a wild goose chase. I still use FS9 for 95% of my flying.

Guest triangle

I am currently flying the Flight One Cessna Skyhawk - absolutely no FPS imapct, great VC and lots of fun to fly (though I can't vouch for it's relaism in terms of performance etc having never been in one IRL).The Eaglesoft Liberty XL2 is amazing, too, but it's a very powerful and highly agile single prop and takes some getting used to - climbing 3000ft per minute and cruising at 250 knots is not what you typically expect from a single prop kit plane!Andrew

Guest weeniemcween

Andrew, I think you may have meant the aussim glasair, which is an uber-fast kit plane.The liberty is not a kit plane (though it descended from one) and is not that fast. I don't own the eaglesoft rendition but I doubt they modeled rocket boosters.

Guest triangle

>Andrew, I think you may have meant the aussim glasair, which>is an uber-fast kit plane.>>The liberty is not a kit plane (though it descended from one)>and is not that fast. I don't own the eaglesoft rendition but>I doubt they modeled rocket boosters.Doh! You are quite right ... the Glassair :-) TY for picking that up ...

I too love the REALAIR. It's canopy has a strange dark zone though which is a little off putting. But superb plane.HOWEVER.... what's wrong with the DEFAULT PROPS ??????I actually think MS did a great job this time. Why pay for planes when these props are great to fly, esp from their VC's.Just a humble suggestion.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU