Sign in to follow this  

Any news about RealAir Scout 2007 for FSX?

While checking out the SF260 I noticed the Citabria, Decathlon and Scout 2007 for FSX is about to be released. Well... they say mid-June on the site. Anyone knows how things are progressing? Because this might be more my kind of plane than the SF260...!

Guest triangle

Sean said 'very soon' in an email to me yesterday so exactly when is anyone's guess :-) I'll be getting it, no doubt.Andrew

Well, I already bought the SF260 yesterday. But considering how good it looks and works (turning the heading bug alone is worth it! :( ) I think I will also buy this package! Nice to have some planes to choose from with the same ultrasmooth gauges! At least, I presume and hope the dials etc. can be set the same way as in the SF260 for FSX... (click and drag)!

Will get the Scout too. No think about this Beech Duke: Having a twin with realistic flight dynamics, the smooth cockpit and almost no impact on FPS...Yuck - I just drooled all over my keyboard. :-)Alex

>Will get the Scout too. >>No think about this Beech Duke: Having a twin with realistic>flight dynamics, the smooth cockpit and almost no impact on>FPS...>>Yuck - I just drooled all over my keyboard. :-)>>Alex I am not sure the Duke is coming out any time soon. This has been on their site a long time.. .and then Rob announced (I think in one of the threads here) that its on hold until all the FS9 aircrafts are updated for FSX.I was very dissapointed at that. I love twin engine piston aircrafts and one from Real air, i was drooling too. I hope they have changed their minds and are giving the twin priority.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

i agree, i think the twin should be a number one priorityi would love to see Duke from RealAir for fsx real sooni hope they change their mind and concentrate on the Duke to finish building itBo

Bo Klop

The Scout seems to be almost done, so... wouldn't clever to stop working on it so close before release. When they release it they will get income and they will be even happier to start working again on the Duke. ;) Which looks fine to me too btw. :( I'm all into RealAir from now on!P.S. Considering the complexity of the Duke compared to the SF260, I presume it WILL cost some more fps... You can't go on producing more and more complicated aircraft with such great detail and such unbelievable smooth gauges without a penalty, it seems to me.

>detail and such unbelievable smooth gauges without a penalty,>it seems to me.You be surprised :-lolAndr

André

First, apologies for the delay in the Scout package for FSX. We are working frantically to get it finished. Actually it is finished but testing is a long process here, and there are a few loose ends to tie up.We aim to achieve an absolute minimum frame rate for one very good reason: In our opinion you cannot get the feel of flying with a frame rate of under 25-28, and we always strive to get our aircraft working at 30 fps with medium settings, modest autogen and not much traffic in FSX and FS9.You can get away with flying IFR procedures in big jets at lower than this framerate, but no flight model is going to show itself in a good light at 17 frames per second. It is just too jerky.To that end we make great efforts to make our aircraft as efficient as we possibly can. One of the things which can ruin fluid movement is not so much the base frame rate, more the "spikes" that occur in an otherwise smooth flowing sim aircraft. We try to eliminate as many of these as possible.Flying any sim aircraft hands on (rather than autopilot) at a luxurious 35 fps is to me infinitely more of a pleasure than struggling with less than 25 fps. And comparisons with films and video at the same frame rate is not really a good yardstick. There is no motion blur in flight simulator and no interpolation between frames. For that reason a smooth simulator view has to be a lot more than the bare minimum that film frame rates would suggest.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest weeniemcween

Ahh, a voice of reason. Can't wait.

I for one am waiting for the spirfire update. I'd rather they get the updates out for our existing purchases before moving into an entirely new aircraft, so I'm glad they are doing the Scout and Spit first.

Ah...yes. The Spitfire for VFR and realism has few rivals! Can't wait. Stan