Hello folks, I mainly fly in the middle east around OEJN and OMDB, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and Dubai, UAE
iv come to realize how terrible the building rendering there is, and lets get a few things straight before recommending any help.

My specs do meet above the rec. for the sim

iv tried rolling cache, iv tried different devices, better internet, LOD of 800,900, better internet, 4 Clean fs2020 installs, No mods, fully maxed out settings, online and offline mode, multiple Zendesk forums
this isn't a lack of data issue, bec. it happens world wide, but it is a tradeoff for performance off of visuals since SU5, all i can show is pictures and il let the replies roll in, please do not recommend me something iv already done. i hope someone can fix this issue/ help me to.

please have a look:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11RZzZVrmIErL_dy4d6ApJP68FKsLiSq2/view?usp=sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbW58qmW0qI            EGLL

How is your internet connection?

Edit: Sorry, went back and reread your post and saw that you indeed did try "better internet", which I'm assuming is "faster internet". 

Edited by Bdub22

I'm almost certain they are throttling the server on the Microsoft side of things. Rendering has gotten much much worse the last 6 months. 

• Upvote 1

Seems to be the same for me, I was wondering if the culprit was my not very fast internet connection but then I guess it is not ?

Maybe it is normal…? 

Pierre

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Bad connection.

If so, manual cache would fix it and flying without intenrrt would fix it too bec il be using autogen, and jt isn’t.

4 hours ago, nikolajz1 said:

I'm almost certain they are throttling the server on the Microsoft side of things. Rendering has gotten much much worse the last 6 months. 

Rendering hasn't changed a bit for me - I have pin sharp ground textures to the horizon.

Contrast-1.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

35 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Seems to be the same for me, I was wondering if the culprit was my not very fast internet connection but then I guess it is not ?

Maybe it is normal…? 

Pierre

It is normal, they are trading visuals for fps without giving us control over it 

12 hours ago, Epicmc said:

Hello folks, I mainly fly in the middle east around OEJN and OMDB, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and Dubai, UAE
iv come to realize how terrible the building rendering there is, and lets get a few things straight before recommending any help.

You mention you have tried high settings, but in your EGLL video your settings are very low - Texture Resolution, Anisotropic Filtering, Texture Supersampling & Texture Synthesis are all set in a way to render very poor ground textures.

Low-settings.png

Have you tried with Photogrammetry turned off? 
Have you changed any settings in the UserCfg.opt file?
have you changed settings in the Nvvidia Control Panel?

It would be helpful if you placed your PC specs in your signature.

Here are the ground/buildings in my MSFS, so it doesn't appear to be an MS/Asobo problem.  I'm sure something in your setup is the issue.

No-Blurries.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

hello, LOD 200, higher not show in video tho it didnt make a diffrence
EGLL: nearly all ultra settings: its better than OEJN

OEJN: looks worse than EGLL, notice also how blurry the runway is and how the airport building isnt visable until closer:

as for my specs, they do meet up with the recommended, even if its a laptop, bec lower speced laptops have ran this sim just fine and without this issue BEFORE SU5
laptop 3050
16g ram
4 vram
i7 10th gen

yes iv tried photogrammetry off and on, yes i have changed the config file before and made the lod factor 8 (800) and read only with no change to the scenery, do know that this is a known issue, its not related to internet, specs or installtion, alot have this issue, tho due to the bad voting system of asobo, this issue will never get fixed for years

4 hours ago, Epicmc said:

It is normal, they are trading visuals for fps without giving us control over it 

My picture posted above says otherwise. Granted the clouds are going through changes, but textures are superb.

2 hours ago, Epicmc said:

as for my specs, they do meet up with the recommended, even if its a laptop, bec lower speced laptops have ran this sim just fine and without this issue BEFORE SU5
laptop 3050
16g ram
4 vram
i7 10th gen

yes iv tried photogrammetry off and on, yes i have changed the config file before and made the lod factor 8 (800) and read only with no change to the scenery, do know that this is a known issue, its not related to internet, specs or installation, a lot have this issue, though due to the bad voting system of Asobo, this issue will never get fixed for years

I have posted two images from my system showing pin sharp textures and buildings into the distance, so I don't understand why you insist this is an Asobo issue.  Clearly I do not have the issue you have, so it must be something to do with your system or configuration.

You say your laptop has a 3050, but generally laptop versions of a card are not as fast as the desktop equivalent.  Has you graphics card got just 4Gb VRAM?  If so, this may be a big bottleneck for you graphics performance.  My 2080 Ti is over two years old, but look how it matches up to a desktop 3050.  It may just be time for a PC upgrade if any combinations of settings you try don't work.  

Why is Galax GeForce RTX 2080 Ti better than Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop?

• 638MHz faster GPU clock speed
    1350MHzvs712MHz
  • 9.12 TFLOPS higher floating-point performance
    13.45 TFLOPSvs4.33 TFLOPS
  • 93.72 GPixel/s higher pixel rate
    136 GPixel/svs42.28 GPixel/s
  • 250MHz faster memory clock speed
    1750MHzvs1500MHz
  • 352.55 GTexels/s higher texture rate
    420.2 GTexels/svs67.65 GTexels/s
  • 2000MHz higher effective memory clock speed
    14000MHzvs12000MHz
  • 2.75x more VRAM
    11GBvs4GB
  • 424GB/s more memory bandwidth
    616GB/svs192GB/s

5 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Rendering hasn't changed a bit for me - I have pin sharp ground textures to the horizon.

I'm NOT wanting to be in any way argumentative here, but this is definitely a subjective issue. To me, the image you posted was not what I would consider sharp to the horizon.

As regards the OP and issue, I would certainly agree that the LODs and scenery popping have become worse since around that time. And I really do believe that it's a server side thing. I just had a flight today around Belfast (at around 2000 feet) and my horizon looked like something from FSX. And I'm running a pretty high spec machine with a perfectly acceptable internet connection (around 75 mbit) which is normally fine (and was certainly running at full speed today).

I had a few flights around KSAT yesterday, and although the LOD felt better than it was today, I was plagued with "insufficient bandwidth" messages on a fairly regular basis even though, again, my bandwidth was its normal self. My own belief is that the servers are either struggling or being throttled on occasion - I notice it much more here in the UK over the weekends and during our evening times. It also seems to depend on location to some degree (and I don't just mean using heavy scenery like EGLL).

I have been experiencing some of these issues more since SU9, and I know that this has been reported to, and apparently at least partially addressed by, Asobo in the SU10 beta (to which I've not subscribed). I'm hopeful that I will get back some of the performance I should be getting once SU10 goes live. Whether the LODs go back to anything like they were originally - I don't hold out a lot of hope. Pre SU5 I was running both LODs at 500 or even 600 and it was running fine. That was with a Titan RTX. I've since upgraded to a 3090ti and I'm still not getting the visual performance I was over a year ago.

I've sort of learned to live with this for now. When MSFS gets in to one of its hissy fits I just stay low to the ground and rural, and that mitigates the problems. But really, with a 3090ti I shouldn't need to be doing this.

cheers,

Andy

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

24 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

I'm NOT wanting to be in any way argumentative here, but this is definitely a subjective issue. To me, the image you posted was not what I would consider sharp to the horizon.

Are you taking atmospheric conditions into consideration when you make this statement?  If visibility/haze doesn't interfere, my ground textures are sharp to the horizon.  Obviously reduced visibility will affect sharpness into the distance, but I was not figuring this into my statement.

I haven't seen blurry textures of any type for absolute ages.  My system spec is lower than yours and this is where things are very frustrating.  The OP has a laptop with a 3050 with just 4Gb Vram and this may be affecting his rendering, but your system should have no problems.  If there was no haze in the shot below, the textures would be sharp to the horizon, certainly nothing like the OP's very poor visuals. 

Render-Scale130e.png

I do use the Google Map Mod, so maybe the 100% quality I see is because I am not using the default servers for textures?  I have used Google maps/Bing latest maps and ArcGIS maps available in the Mod and all maintain sharpness.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1