Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Best Mission or Career add-on?

7 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

My only issue with it is that it seems to want to force you to start in a word not allowed plane and earn enough to buy a better one.

NF3 had a sandbox mode that gave you all the licenses and a bunch of cash.  It's not in NF4 yet but he's planning on adding it.   If you want that experience you can try 3, or wait for it to come to four, orrrrr.....

3 hours ago, iborg1979 said:

Or you can edit neofly’s database with an SQL editor

This.   NF just uses a standard SQLite database as its backend, although it's slightly obfuscated in NF4 because it's just called "std.bin".    But you can load that file in any SQLite-compatible client, like DB Browser, and change the "players" table to give yourself all the cash and licenses you want.

This is how you give yourself $10,000,000 and every qualification.

DB-Browser-for-SQLite-BO9-Rq-Fc-VJs.png

EDIT:  Of course, it should go without saying but I'll say it anyway, that this is completely unsupported by the game, could easily break with future updates, and if anything goes wrong you definitely shouldn't bug the developer with your problems.  You void the warranty by breaking the seal, basically.  😄

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The people's flag is deepest red.

1 hour ago, DeepestRed said:

NF3 had a sandbox mode that gave you all the licenses and a bunch of cash.  It's not in NF4 yet but he's planning on adding it.   If you want that experience you can try 3, or wait for it to come to four, orrrrr.....

This.   NF just uses a standard SQLite database as its backend, although it's slightly obfuscated in NF4 because it's just called "std.bin".    But you can load that file in any SQLite-compatible client, like DB Browser, and change the "players" table to give yourself all the cash and licenses you want.

This is how you give yourself $10,000,000 and every qualification.

DB-Browser-for-SQLite-BO9-Rq-Fc-VJs.png

EDIT:  Of course, it should go without saying but I'll say it anyway, that this is completely unsupported by the game, could easily break with future updates, and if anything goes wrong you definitely shouldn't bug the developer with your problems.  You void the warranty by breaking the seal, basically.  😄

Thank you sir... I couldn't find the DB in NF4. You are a saviour!

• Like 1

I'm going to give the Simbitworld a whirl this week. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thank you sir... I couldn't find the DB in NF4. You are a saviour!

Happy to help!

In case it helps in the future, I couldn't figure out where it was at first, either.   I ended up firing up procmon, one of my favorite Windows utilities for things like this, attaching it to the NeoFly process, and configuring it to display the process's file system activity.   Then I just looked for the files it read from when starting up and exiting and it was pretty easy to pin down.   procmon can be a little bit awkward to use but is really powerful once you get the hang of it for all sorts of "just what is this program doing?!" questions.

• Like 2

The people's flag is deepest red.

12 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

After trying most of these add-ons I've stayed with Onair, yes it has a subscription but for me it's by far the most complete right now.

I do fly OnAir Manager as well. I do like this game because you do not even need to link it to MSFS 2020. This is a stand alone virtual airline manager, but you can chose to manually fly some flight (wih MSFS, P3D or XPlane) for more virtual money or experience points. I do like that aspect since I can quickly have a 15 mins playing session without even having to start MSFS 2020.

Every  morning, I look at my virtual airline status in OnAir manager while sipping my coffee and provide my orders for the day. And sometime at night, I simply chose to do a flight by myself on a lucrative medical transport job with the Cessna 414.

• Like 1

I think NeoFly4 is what I will use going forward. They need to implement a bunch of stuff yet before it releases, but I like it’s bush mission focus, and it has identified landing strips around me that I didn’t even know existed so it should be fantastic for exploring some more remote regions. It also has a nice feature where a dispatcher communicates with you before and after your mission to confirm you’re good to go and you’ve completed it. It has way more mission variety than I will ever use, but that’s fine. I think in my area it had something like 300 potential missions - a couple dozen from each strip in the area. It also looks like he’s implementing some kind of goods exchange… buy Bananas at one location and sell them at another. Stuff like that I won’t use. I will stick to humanitarian, cargo, VIP, passenger and sight seeing missions. 

Thanks to everyone that shared some advice! Much appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I think NeoFly4 is what I will use going forward. They need to implement a bunch of stuff yet before it releases, but I like it’s bush mission focus, and it has identified landing strips around me that I didn’t even know existed so it should be fantastic for exploring some more remote regions. It also has a nice feature where a dispatcher communicates with you before and after your mission to confirm you’re good to go and you’ve completed it. It has way more mission variety than I will ever use, but that’s fine. I think in my area it had something like 300 potential missions - a couple dozen from each strip in the area. It also looks like he’s implementing some kind of goods exchange… buy Bananas at one location and sell them at another. Stuff like that I won’t use. I will stick to humanitarian, cargo, VIP, passenger and sight seeing missions. 

Thanks to everyone that shared some advice! Much appreciated. 

You cannot get wrong with Neofly. As I said I fly OnAir Manager, but the reason is that I started to look for a career system while Neofly 4 was in BETA and a bit in a "inter-release" chaotic state. But I did like where they were going. I will give it another try really soon.

I basically removed a heap of aircraft from the Neofly database and added quite a few missing Payware ones and created a "Golden Age" 1930's through to 1960's career set in new Zealand, starting with just a Stearman and progressing up through various historic aircraft I own including the Staggerwing, Globe Swift,  c140, c170, Twin Beech, Boeing 247D, JU52 and Grumman Widgeon and Goose,  eventually working towards the DC6 and Super Constellation. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I basically removed a heap of aircraft from the Neofly database and added quite a few missing Payware ones and created a "Golden Age" 1930's through to 1960's career set in new Zealand, starting with just a Stearman and progressing up through various historic aircraft I own including the Staggerwing, Globe Swift,  c140, c170, Twin Beech, Boeing 247D, JU52 and Grumman Widgeon and Goose,  eventually working towards the DC6 and Super Constellation. 

Good way to enjoy the game. I do love older props aircraft myself. I am quite good learning smaller prop aircrafts but I have to say that the DC-6 is a complete another story. That monster will keep me a while to get a full hang of it.

I bought the DC-6 to carry on bigger cargo mission in OnAir (which need to be flown by the player) and to my surprise, the learning curve is way steeper than I thought. But I do love every minutes of it.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:23 AM, Drumcode said:

I'm going to give the Simbitworld a whirl this week. 

APLv2 is a decent program and I can recommend it, especially of having your performance as a pilot scored per flight.  It hopefully will expand what criteria you are evaluated on over time, but it's a good start now.  Initially I almost could not tolerate the limited routes one gets w/ an airline hiring a newbie.  But over the recent months I'm with UAL finally and making enough money where I can buy "flight tickets"  (goofy workaround for limited routes, but it does work) to fly anywhere desired, so this is what I do.  Fly a schedule of UAL routes then as desired buy a flight ticket to fly anywhere from anywhere, anytime.  Since I could care less how much total money I earn all I care about is being able to fly anywhere my heart desires so use money for this purpose.  My only reason for using APLv2 is the use the scoring piece, which works not only for scheduled flights but also for those one-off flight ticket flights.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

35 minutes ago, Noel said:

APLv2 is a decent program and I can recommend it, especially of having your performance as a pilot scored per flight.  It hopefully will expand what criteria you are evaluated on over time, but it's a good start now.  Initially I almost could not tolerate the limited routes one gets w/ an airline hiring a newbie.  But over the recent months I'm with UAL finally and making enough money where I can buy "flight tickets"  (goofy workaround for limited routes, but it does work) to fly anywhere desired, so this is what I do.  Fly a schedule of UAL routes then as desired buy a flight ticket to fly anywhere from anywhere, anytime.  Since I could care less how much total money I earn all I care about is being able to fly anywhere my heart desires so use money for this purpose.  My only reason for using APLv2 is the use the scoring piece, which works not only for scheduled flights but also for those one-off flight ticket flights.

Nice, I pulled the trigger and now flying for Fiji, lol. Not ideal, but it's something new for me to fly around the Pacific. So, buying the ticket somewhere allows you to fly any plane for any airline and route and still count towards the overall score?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 8/24/2022 at 11:09 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Is NF4 enough of an upgrade to skip NF3 if you aren't already using it?

Counts towards your composite pilot score, but not your pilot classification I don't believe (i.e. from FO to Captain to next levels of Captain, etc).  My first company was Endeavor which was fine but UAL has a lot more variety.  Right now I have about $7,300 in the bank, have already purchases aircraft license for the 3 airliners I use, and fortunately one license covers all variants within the class.  So this means I have lots of $$ to buy flight tickets with as desired.  Plus, you can fly any plane you want just select it in the SimBrief dropdown.  

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X