Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Best Mission or Career add-on?

I apologize in advance for not having done much research on this topic but this community is its by far the most efficient way to get insights. 

I don’t know if this exists, but I’d love to start operating in an area… let’s say Papau New Guinea (for example)  🙂 and use an add-on that would have me running supplies or people or whatever to and from remote areas. Maybe I get paid or earn points… I don’t care so long as it feels like someone else is giving me jobs to do that are making me explore remote areas, do some bush landings, etc. 

Then when I get bored of that area, I move to Cambodia or something and do the same kinda things there. 

Would be using the Kodiak for this. 

I would like to pick the region and then have it assign me missions and when I get my fill in that location, I can move on to somewhere else of my choosing  

Does such an add-on exist? What is recommended?

If you're bothered by the financial aspect of running your own airline then I'd look at:

Neofly

AirHauler2

OnAir (Subscription based)

If you just want jobs suggested or given to you then I'd probably look at a Virtual Airline. 

I fly for Walker Air which has tours or offers cargo/pax jobs.

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

Neofly. I use it exactly the way you described.

It's free, just try it.

Edited by RALF9636

12 hours ago, keithb77 said:

https://server.fseconomy.net/index.jsp
Freeware, big community, great for the smaller planes...but you mostly have to look for work

Work!!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, Viper714 said:

This is what I am currently using and really enjoy it!

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to fit what I'm looking for. It appears to be an airline pilot career add-on, I'm looking more for bush missions and other small assignments I can do in the Kodiak.

36 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to fit what I'm looking for. It appears to be an airline pilot career add-on, I'm looking more for bush missions and other small assignments I can do in the Kodiak.

Okay.  This may be more what you are looking for.  I enjoy this one as well.  https://www.parallel42.com/sim/skypark

After trying most of these add-ons I've stayed with Onair, yes it has a subscription but for me it's by far the most complete right now.

After loading up NeoFly 4 (beta) I’m going to try and use this. The interface is very slick, and the mission options are extremely varied. My only issue with it is that it seems to want to force you to start in a word not allowed plane and earn enough to buy a better one. That’s just not gonna work for me… how about I’ll tell you what kind of plane I’ve got 🙂 I need to find a way to hack the “cash on hand” so I can “buy” a Kodiak in this app. That’s just stupid. They should offer an option to allow you to fly whatever you want. 

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

After loading up NeoFly 4 (beta) I’m going to try and use this. The interface is very slick, and the mission options are extremely varied. My only issue with it is that it seems to want to force you to start in a word not allowed plane and earn enough to buy a better one. That’s just not gonna work for me… how about I’ll tell you what kind of plane I’ve got 🙂 I need to find a way to hack the “cash on hand” so I can “buy” a Kodiak in this app. That’s just stupid. They should offer an option to allow you to fly whatever you want. 

To fly the Kodiak you need to be certified in single engine turboprops, so you need to do that first. You don't need to raise the money to get the plane, you can rent it. Sell the starting plane, that should give you $125.000.