Sign in to follow this  
mac44

Scenery Glitch - Alaska

17 minutes ago, mac44 said:

sorry got distracted by XP12😂 and trying to find the movie😆

I  put a link to the movie in my response. 😁

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

interestingly - by completely emptying my community folder except for this payware and another Alaskan airport (that I was unable to get to even load) - managed to fix this glitch and get the other airport working (previously it did not even load) - of course there are many add ons in the folder so unsure yet which is causing the issues....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac44 said:

interestingly - by completely emptying my community folder except for this payware and another Alaskan airport (that I was unable to get to even load) - managed to fix this glitch and get the other airport working (previously it did not even load) - of course there are many add ons in the folder so unsure yet which is causing the issues....

You can insert back one half of your add-ons and see if the issue is back again. If not, the issues is probably caused by the other half. You than continue like this.  With this exclusion method you'll find your incompatible add-on.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 9/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, Nemo said:

You can insert back one half of your add-ons and see if the issue is back again. If not, the issues is probably caused by the other half. You than continue like this.  With this exclusion method you'll find your incompatible add-on.

will give this a try - would it be logical to assume the issue might be a scenery somehow connected to Alaska/North America or could it be anything? (note I am have these issues only it seems in Alaska - all other regions seem to be working ok)

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

will give this a try - would it be logical to assume the issue might be a scenery somehow connected to Alaska/North America or could it be anything? (note I am have these issues only it seems in Alaska - all other regions seem to be working ok)

it can be anything anywhere, i hope you use addons linker? if not look for it. makes this kinda thing so much easier.

I think addon linker (freeware) is  one of the best 2 addons for MSFS. The other one being FSRealistic (payware). 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 9/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, wim123 said:

it can be anything anywhere, i hope you use addons linker? if not look for it. makes this kinda thing so much easier.

not yet - downloaded but not had the chance to setup and try (yet!) - out of interest

1)How does it deal with the links orbx and contrail create in the community folder for their add ons?

2)When a freeware add on has an update available does it prompt you to download?

I bought the Alaska Mesh from Orbx two weeks ago. Today I did a flight from Anchorage, starting at a Gate in the A 320. The ramps and taxiways were like a roller coaster ride until I got to the active rwy 7L.  I never noticed this before installing the Mesh. I wonder if anyone else has seen this. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310