Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Help Needed with Full FSUIPC and Axes

Hi all,

I am using a Saitek Yoke and pedal combo and have purchased the full version of FSUIPC7 to get some better control over the axes, as calibration is a bit loose with the default Windows / MSFS settings. 

I am confused how I am supposed to configure FSUIPC to use to control my axes.

The FSUIPC manual states "IMPORTANT: Before making any assignments in FSUIPC, you should be sure that the same axes are not being assigned in MSFS itself"

I added Aileron settings to FSUIPC and then removed the assignment in MSFS. I then restarted MSFS.

I can see the numbers change in FSUIPC when I move the yoke, but it does not control the aircraft.

The only way I can control the aircraft is it I keep the assignment in MSFS.

What am i doing wrong or do i need to clear all joystick assignments in MSFS first? Do i need to tell MSFS to use FSUIPC assignments?

Are you running SU10 Beta? There seems to be a bug with FSUIPC and the SU10 Beta, where certain Axes do not work. (You can see this when you open the Console on FSUIPC, there is an error generated when you move the Axis). This has been reported in the forums, but there is no FSUIPC support for Beta versions of MSFS.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fsuipc-axes/529348

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/95597-fsuipc-7-msfs-simupdate-10-beta-axis-problem-with-saiteck-trimwheel-and-cessna-rudder/

If you’re on SU9 head over to the forum and they’ll help you out.  I’m having the same issue but in SU10 but they won’t look at any issues with people using SU10 until it’s out of beta.

Hopefully soon as the issue will presumably still be there once out of beta and as of now I have to use the MSFS settings for my throttles which is quite annoying.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

To check if the Op system is "seeing" the yoke, go to Devices and Printers in the Win10 ( I assume ) Control Panel and make sure your yoke is being "seen". If you right click on the yoke icon and go to Game controller settings and then Properties for the yoke, you should see the + moving when you move the yoke. Sometimes this check alone sets things up so Win10 then "sees" the yoke. All your controllers should show up in Devices and Printers.

Here is what I see in Devices and Printers (I have the Fulcrum yoke):

spacer.png

Al

Ok Ive cracked it.

The missing piece was that I needed to go into MSFS and create a new profile for each control device, yoke, pedals etc.. then they are seen by FSUIPC7 and can be configured.

There are a few issues with button assignments from what I can see so far, so if anything doesnt work, you can then set up the MSFS assignment back within your new profile.

Please let us know if you think you get better results and finer tuning of each controller using FSUIPC rather than the MDFS standard adjustments.

I will once I am able to run a few flights with the new config. I hope it will be better as it takes quite a bit of effort to get it sorted. I am still having trouble sorting the trim wheel and flaps, which seem to have a mind of their own once added to FSUIPC.

Although there is a good chance it is user error, or a just learning curve.

20 hours ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Please let us know if you think you get better results and finer tuning of each controller using FSUIPC rather than the MDFS standard adjustments.

I used paid FSUIPC for many years in P3D. I have it now in MSFS, but only use one function for a button assignment. All my control tweaking is done using the MSFS adjustments, I think they are more in depth and have more variables than FSUIPC. The only advantage I see to FSUIPC is when you change aircraft, it automatically loads the proper settings for that aircraft. With MSFS, you have to create a profile for each aircraft, and switch from one to another, but that really only takes a few seconds. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes if MSFS had profiles assignable to aircraft and more axis calibration options (ie to have part of an axis range for throttle and part for reverse) then I really wouldn’t need FSUIPC.  However right now with my TQ6 throttles and their reverse detent FSUIPC is a must.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Yes if MSFS had profiles assignable to aircraft

Always found that was one of Xplanes best features!

• Like 1

A powerful feature of FSUIPC is the ability to write Lua scripts, such as to create control bindings which do not otherwise exist because of custom coding (e.g., popping up or storing an EFB, or operating a panel clock used for timing approaches, etc.). Or to implement special functions (such as pausing the sim after a user settable time period, etc). Other tools, such as SpadNext, provide similar capabilities.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, chickster25 said:

What differences do you have in the various FSUIPC aircraft profiles?

The general idea is this. Consider, for example, a yoke or joystick. It has a limited number of buttons that you can assign to different a/c functions so you would like to assign them as best as possible to meet your needs. You may have decided to assign a button to operate the speed brakes/spoilers on an airliner, but would like to use that button for something else when flying a plane that does not have speed brakes/spoilers. Controller profiles, however provided, let you do this. Or it may be that what it takes to operate the spoilers on one aircraft is different than on another because of custom coding. So with profiles you can use the same button (or keyboard key) to operate the spoilers on either aircraft. Or if you have separate levers for each engine when flying a twin, when flying a single engine aircraft you may like to use one of the now "extra" levers for something else, like setting the flaps. So in short, if you fly a wide range of aircraft types, controller profiles can be very useful, but are certainly not absolutely necessary.

I should probably mention that if you use FSUIPC to provide controller profiles, the way it works is this. Button or key assignments made in the non-specific, or general section, of the FSUIPC.ini file, will apply to ALL aircraft, EXCEPT if that same button or key is assigned within an aircraft profile specific section of the FSUIPC.ini file. In that case the profile specific assignment takes precedence over the assignment in the general section. So profile specific assignments only have to deal with assignments unique to that aircraft, and all the other general assignments will still apply to that aircraft.

Al

Edited by ark