Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

A few more from XP12

A bit more playing around in XP12. These are with Orbx TE UK in place (but possibly not the correct place - I haven't gotten back into setting up the scenery.ini file properly yet - just dropped a few symlinks into the folder). Takes a bit of getting used to flying in XP again. I prefer the "flying on rails" approach of MSFS with all the easy options on as I have no great desire to pretend to be buffetted about by the wind/rain/atmospherics etc - I mostly just want to focus on the views and the scenery.

A flight from EGLL across London down to Southend. Lots of EGLL itself seems to be missing, but that may be my scenery ini setup. Also not sure how much of the city is from ORBX and how much from XP, but that's not important at this point. What I do like is the general atmospherics, more so when it's murky as in the later shots here.

I doubt that I'll be spending much, if anything, on addons for XP, as I'm hoping to be able to use a lot of my XP11 stuff. But while I'm waiting for SU10 to drop in MSFS (as I've gotten fed up with all the crashes and stutters I've had lately in there and haven't been flying it much), I shall re-familiarise myself with XP. If I can get some of the old XP11 tweaks working in XP12 it could be a fine sim, but only in those areas whre I have good scenry addons already, I suspect.

I'll try some of my older aircraft next, and see how they move across. That's one of the other things about keeping XP going - lots of aircraft I can't get (yet?) in MSFS.

Missing buildings at EGLL
A2vFN3a.jpg

over London
f34Xjl8.jpg

heading out down the Thames
RqXTbLA.jpg

Switched to some murkier weather here. Looks a lot better to my eyes
ZtZKjoV.jpg

Roads not working well at this point
qOLWO6H.jpg

yZNmGsZ.jpg

NgwR8ZM.jpg

okwSrRg.jpg

coming up on the Pier
6uH1yqQ.jpg

Nothing's going to tempt me away from MSFS at this point (although there are times when I feel like Asobo and MS are trying pretty hard to do that), but this is a fun option too.

• Like 7

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

The gloomy weather looks great to my eyes , so that is one improvement with 12 . I might be tempted to

jump in if and when Orbx sorts out all the TE scenery . Like you Andy I have tons of XP11 planes and 

scenery gathering dust up in the cloud . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

if and when Orbx sorts out all the TE scenery

Hi John,

so far I've tried Florida and all the GB True Earths and they seem to be ok. I'm just using symlinks to the XP11 copies and that works fine too. I'll try the other TEs over the weekend probably. My plan is to basically symlink to everything in my XP11 Custom Scenery eventually, until I find stuff that blows XP12 up. As long as it doesn't object to any particular thing I'll just give it a go.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

5 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

The gloomy weather looks great to my eyes , so that is one improvement with 12 . I might be tempted to

jump in if and when Orbx sorts out all the TE scenery . Like you Andy I have tons of XP11 planes and 

scenery gathering dust up in the cloud . 

THE XP12 clouds are better than I initially thought.  Lighting and shading with the clouds is great!

Orbx8.png

Orbx6.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

17 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

THE XP12 clouds are better than I initially thought.  Lighting and shading with the clouds is great!

Orbx8.png

Orbx6.png

These look really good , thanks for posting them up .

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

These look really good , thanks for posting them up .

A little more resolution would be good, maybe a slider, but otherwise very nice.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Looking Good 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick