Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I have a New Toy !!! MU-2J

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I didn't install it in XP12 because I am waiting for the official release of the compatibility upgrade, but I wonder if you have been able to use the XP11 version in XP12 ? And if so, how does it work ?

Why not simply install yourself the XP 11 version into XP 12 and test it? At worst you can only twist some pixels 😁.

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

53 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

Why not simply install yourself the XP 11 version into XP 12 and test it? At worst you can only twist some pixels 😁.

True, but there's the Licensing aspect / DRM, and I would rather install only in XP12 when available.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

26 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Affirm !

Could this information from tkyler’s post here (post #2 in the topic) be about the same Mu2 and X-plane12?

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/16091-ixeg-733-development-status/?&page=2#comments

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

I didn't install it in XP12 because I am waiting for the official release of the compatibility upgrade, but I wonder if you have been able to use the XP11 version in XP12 ? And if so, how does it work ?

I haven’t installed it yet in x-plane 12 but I am thinking it won’t work yet because of how in-depth that plane is, I may try though today just to see what happens, I’ll let you know how it goes. 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

True, but there's the Licensing aspect / DRM, and I would rather install only in XP12 when available.

Ok ... are there different license keys for XP 11 and XP 12? Anyway, I have read it is a very challenging plane - nothing for cowards 🤕.

56 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

I have read it is a very challenging plane - nothing for cowards 🤕.

That's true. I don't remember when I had a plane crash in XP (when I didn't provoke it) 😉 
Yesterday's approach to a small airport, a sharp turn at low speed and max flaps and ... plum, boom etc => soil 😉 .
This is my favorite airplane model lately. Much, much joy and satisfaction from using it.

I will only add that, of course, I was doing the flight in VR and I was very scared when I lost control of the plane 😉 

Edited by Bulva

Yep, challenging for sure, even according to the reports of the various accidents that happened around the World.

In XP11 when it was initially released it was also plagued by the "Torque Bug" pre-Murmur's discovery of the culprit, which Austin later fixed. I haven't used it since years, and my purchase got a $20 discount 🙂

Really looking fwd into flying it in XP12. Being the Honeywell-propulsioned model the closest I flew in as a passenger  IRL was a Jetstream 31 with the same type of turbine engines.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

I did finally install it and so far it is working the best out of all the other x-plane 11 planes I’ve installed. I’ve only tried it in daylight and I read somewhere that the interior lighting isn’t working though. If you already have it then just install it, it works great in daylight.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

17 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

I did finally install it and so far it is working the best out of all the other x-plane 11 planes I’ve installed. I’ve only tried it in daylight and I read somewhere that the interior lighting isn’t working though. If you already have it then just install it, it works great in daylight.

But is this install in XP12 ?

Was the DRM / License activation possible in XP12 then ?  I know X-Aviation uses a very strict DRM policy - which I fully understand because Piracy is a Cancer of Software Industry ...  - so I was a bit afraid f trying to activate a non-XP12-ready version in XP12 ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

spacer.png   

This is my toy , using opentrack with Airtrack just fantastic and ofc google orthos

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

spacer.png   

This is my toy , using opentrack with Airtrack just fantastic and ofc google orthos

Google Orthos are available from ?

Or you build it ?  How ? If if so, what R ya waiting for ? It's weekend, come to Porta and do it for me ! NOW !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

8 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Google Orthos are available from ?

Or you build it ?  How ? If if so, what R ya waiting for ? It's weekend, come to Porta and do it for me ! NOW !!!

In my Miggie heading Porta ! 

Google Orthos using Ortho4xp - GO2 which I believe is google.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

15 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yep, challenging for sure, even according to the reports of the various accidents that happened around the World.

In XP11 when it was initially released it was also plagued by the "Torque Bug" pre-Murmur's discovery of the culprit, which Austin later fixed. I haven't used it since years, and my purchase got a $20 discount 🙂

Really looking fwd into flying it in XP12. Being the Honeywell-propulsioned model the closest I flew in as a passenger  IRL was a Jetstream 31 with the same type of turbine engines.

If I remember correctly what I have read, the reason (one of main the reasons?) for the RW accidents is that both props are rotating into the same direction, thus there is a (horrendous?) torque even in RW.