Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Transition from SU10 Beta to Official Release

Since the release of SU10 is imminent, I'd like to ask how to go safely from beta to the offical SU10. This is the first time I've been in a beta and I have read that this has been problematic in earlier transfers. Do I have to take any precautions to avoid a complete reinstall?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Since the release of SU10 is imminent, I'd like to ask how to go safely from beta to the offical SU10. This is the first time I've been in a beta and I have read that this has been problematic in earlier transfers. Do I have to take any precautions to avoid a complete reinstall?

so far I only found this, usually they post some sort of official guidance and not just some experience from previous betas

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tips-for-those-who-have-ms-store-version-of-msfs-when-leaving-the-beta/542895

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

If you installed the beta in your default MSFS directory, your entire install will probably be deleted. I don't have enough storage space to have two separate installations. So I just completely deleted MSFS myself to save Asobo the trouble when I reinstall here in an hour or two. Sometimes a complete reinstallation is the best thing anyway.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 minutes ago, DAD said:

so far I only found this, usually they post some sort of official guidance and not just some experience from previous betas

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tips-for-those-who-have-ms-store-version-of-msfs-when-leaving-the-beta/542895

Thanks, but honestly, after reading through this thread, I don't know much more than before. I'll probably wait for a while.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Thanks, but honestly, after reading through this thread, I don't know much more than before. I'll probably wait for a while.

yep, per https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-sim-update-10-wednesday-sept-21st/543581 they will inform us beta testers soonTM

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thank you Phil. I could have found this by myself with a bit more efforts ... Lazy old man I am.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2

- Harry 

20 minutes ago, DAD said:

soonTM

out: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/beta-testers-new-information-on-joining-leaving-the-beta/543728

EDIT so seemingly I can just stay in the beta... ? easy then, though disappointed I do not get something new under the christmas tree

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

Cool, that means no action needed until SU11 Beta arrives.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Cool, that means no action needed until SU11 Beta arrives.

yep

When the SU 10 beta ends, do I need to leave the Microsoft Flight Simulator beta group to update to the current version?

No, the beta group has already received the version that will be released to the public (1.27.21.0).

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

Disregard. 

Edited by jrw4

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

38 minutes ago, David Mills said:

If you installed the beta in your default MSFS directory, your entire install will probably be deleted. I don't have enough storage space to have two separate installations. So I just completely deleted MSFS myself to save Asobo the trouble when I reinstall here in an hour or two. Sometimes a complete reinstallation is the best thing anyway.

You didn’t need to do that at all. Your just wasted yourself unnecessary time.

• Like 1

So, for those who are already on beta final edition of SU10, we need to check  the new Nvidia Driver ( still not released ) and DX12

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

9 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

So, for those who are already on beta final edition of SU10, we need to check  the new Nvidia Driver ( still not released ) and DX12

basically yes but unless the masked the glass cockpits and they are still blurry with DLSS I will skip DX12 anyway, just my 2 cents flying primarily the big irons

Phil Leaven

Considering the approx 2 month delay for SU10- starting the next beta as soon as this one is finished makes sense, especially considering the complexity and high profile of the next release,

Edited by Matchstick

I had passed on this Beta round until I couldn't stand it any longer and installed it last Saturday. Today, thinking back to previous Beta's, I opted out and waited until after 8:00 AM PST and then started MSFS. It reverted back to v9 and I couldn't get it to find any updates, either in the MS Store or the xBox App. I finally did my trick of renaming the MSFS install directory, uninstalling from the xBox App, renaiming the install dir back to default, and then clicking Install in the xBox App. It only did the 1.8gB initial download and then loaded just fine. Now am back to 1.27.21. I guess I just should have left it alone this time.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD