Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

how do I uninstall flysimware Cessna 414 aw

Bought the Chancellor Cessna 414 AW  from simmarket couple of months ago.  I am trying to uninstall it through their automated process, but no links or anything

Currently my VFR map when I am flying is not working, its all blurred out.  This is the addon that I think that is causing my problem with the map./

So what am I missing as far as uninstalling the product, u can't go to control panel and then program to uninstall it, must go thru simmarket to uninstall , but something I am missing

I know a lot of u bought this plane,so please help me on how to uninstall it, since I bought it through simmarket

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

For me, bought the Cessna 414 AW from FSW store, the installer for the 3.2 update automatically uninstalled, then installed 3.2 update.

Not sure about sim market installer. If u have the Simmarket app it may uninstall from there.

U can always try control panel- add/remove programs.

Edited by christb

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

17 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

I know a lot of u bought this plane,so please help me on how to uninstall it, since I bought it through simmarket

You must use the standalone Simmarket app.  When you open it click on the head & shoulders icon in the upper right and select My Products.  It should be listed and have an uninstall button toward the right margin.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I very much doubt that the C414 is causing problems with the VFR map...

Check G3000 mods or PMS GTN.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Bert

when I went into simmarket app and it said up load date and to the right it said install clicked on it their was no option to first uninstall the product, this is really crazy. I sent simmarket a ticket, maybe that will help. Oh well, appreciate all the help.,

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

22 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

when I went into simmarket app and it said up load date and to the right it said install clicked on it their was no option to first uninstall the product, this is really crazy. I sent simmarket a ticket, maybe that will help. Oh well, appreciate all the help.,

You can just delete it out of your Community folder and then install the new version.  Worked fine for me...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I know u could just manually remove it from Community folder like u suggested Flic 1, just wondering if anybody else did that as well ? and what was their experience.

Before you uninstall it try installing the newly released SU10 compatible PMS GTN750. The previous version was the cause of the VFR map issue for me. 

https://pms50.com/msfs/

Edited by jarmstro

9 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

Bought the Chancellor Cessna 414 AW  from simmarket couple of months ago.  I am trying to uninstall it through their automated process, but no links or anything

Currently my VFR map when I am flying is not working, its all blurred out.  This is the addon that I think that is causing my problem with the map./

I don't think the C414 itself is causing your VFR map problem. If it was there would be a lot of reports similar to yours, but I have seen none concerning the VFR map either here or on the C414 Discord site.  Try loading the GNS 530 ver of the plane and see if the VFR map still has a problem. If not, as suggested above, it may well be you need to update the PMS50 GTN750 which just had a SU10 compatibility update.

If you still have a problem with the GNS530 ver of the plane, then there is the possibility of a Community folder conflict. If in addition to the VFR Map issue, if the C414's tablet is not working, make sure you don't have a Heavy Division 787 mod in the Community folder. This mod has been shown to conflict with the tablet in the C414, and perhaps could cause other C414 problems.

Hope you can get things working.

Al

Edited by ark

Well one good thing happened, I got my VFR map back up right, downloaded PMS GTN750, newest version sU10 compatible, and everything is fine, thanks Jarmstro  Now my other problem still exists, downloading the new update for the Cessna 414AW.  I sent them a ticket at simmarket, but did not give me the right answer, they wee talking about how to install the product, my issue, sent them another ticket, its about uninstalling the product first, so u can get the new update,there system over their seems to be a real winner, problems problems

7 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

Well one good thing happened, I got my VFR map back up right, downloaded PMS GTN750, newest version sU10 compatible, and everything is fine, thanks Jarmstro  Now my other problem still exists, downloading the new update for the Cessna 414AW.  I sent them a ticket at simmarket, but did not give me the right answer, they wee talking about how to install the product, my issue, sent them another ticket, its about uninstalling the product first, so u can get the new update,there system over their seems to be a real winner, problems problems

No need to uninstall first.... the new installer will do it for you! 🙂

Simply download the latest version, unzip, and execute..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Well, first of all wanted to thank all of u for helping me out.  I got a quick response from simmarket today about updating the Cessna 414AW, to the 3.2 version, and first uninstalling my current version.  Their response, was that u could manually remove it from the Community folder., as an. alternative.,

24 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

Their response, was that u could manually remove it from the Community folder., as an. alternative.,

Sure you can, but you do not have to... the installer will do it for you.

Bert