Sign in to follow this  
xenonsk

Plane bigger than planet?

Any airport for this beast?

spacer.png
spacer.png

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Boeing seem to have got a bit carried away by their 737 version of the Guppy and Dreamlifter!😁

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I got one of these earlier😄:

BIG-PLANE-2022-10-27-225533.jpg

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Weird!  I am going to load up a model of the Independence Day Saucer spacecraft to make it look real!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Imagine the fuel economy. Use the front door to enter in Boston, and the rear door to exit in Rome. No need to move the plane at all. Brilliant!

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Just fly it over to Jupiter and you're all set.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

This is honestly the best bug this sim has lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

It would be interesting to know what makes it happen. I haven't flown a single engine Cessna for a few weeks so it shouldn't be some kind of 'ghost image' left over from a recent flight.

Not related, but I can't find a way to spin the globe other than zooming in and out. I vaguely remember being able to do that in the past but either something had changed or it's just me missing something (probably the latter)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

It would be interesting to know what makes it happen. I haven't flown a single engine Cessna for a few weeks so it shouldn't be some kind of 'ghost image' left over from a recent flight.

I've had image of Emirates A380 last week, so it could be ghost from AI traffic 😀

• Like 1

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

7 minutes ago, xenonsk said:

I've had image of Emirates A380 last week, so it could be ghost from AI traffic 😀

That could be possible - I did get up very close and personal to an AI Cessna not too long before that image appeared on the map.

37 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Not related, but I can't find a way to spin the globe other than zooming in and out. I vaguely remember being able to do that in the past but either something had changed or it's just me missing something (probably the latter)

I had that issue a long time ago.

One thing to check is if you are using an Xbox controller, make sure it's not interfering. I've never managed to find the correct deadzone & sensitivity settings to stop it making the map move when I'm trying to click on it, so I just take its batteries out. If the controller is active before starting the sim, that should avoid the problem however.

55 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I had that issue a long time ago.

One thing to check is if you are using an Xbox controller, make sure it's not interfering. I've never managed to find the correct deadzone & sensitivity settings to stop it making the map move when I'm trying to click on it, so I just take its batteries out. If the controller is active before starting the sim, that should avoid the problem however.

No, no xbox controllers. Actually I AM interested in making it move using the mouse but the only way I can move from , say, a European to as American airport is through a series of zoom out/in

13 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Actually I AM interested in making it move using the mouse

Which is exactly how it should be working for you. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution. What you could try in the meantime is going to Windows Settings>Apps>Installed Apps>Microsoft Flight Simulator, click on the 3 dots, chose Advanced Options and click on Repair under Reset. Don't click on the Reset button as I don't know what data that would delete. With luck, the Repair option may just reset the mouse control.

A year on, and it's baaack!

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-15-12-2023-19

Thought we'd got shot of this glitch, and it looks like two planes in one this time.😶

Edited by 109Sqn