Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

FSLTL install errors.

Hi, can anyone help me figure this out?  This morning when I tried to install the traffic add-on I keep getting errors, here's a screenshot of one of the errors.  I have the MS Store version, up to date, as well as Win 10 up to date.  On their web site they don't have a forum, they can only be contacted via Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, or Discord.  I don't use the first three at all and have n clue how to post on Discord.  Any help would be really appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/ie7U0Pg.png

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

I wasn't able to decipher the error message. But there are similar messages reported on Discord. Things to try:

• Download again from FSLTL as the .zip file could have been corrupted
  • Make sure there's enough space on the drive you're installing to
  • Temporarily disable antivirus software. Or Windows Defender if you don't have antivirus installed. 
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I wasn't able to decipher the error message. But there are similar messages reported on Discord. Things to try:

• Download again from FSLTL as the .zip file could have been corrupted
  • Make sure there's enough space on the drive you're installing to
  • Temporarily disable antivirus software. Or Windows Defender if you don't have antivirus installed. 

Thanks.  

I'll re-download.

I have tons of free space.

I don't run any AV at all, never have and how do I disable Windows Defender?  I thought I did that once, not sure.

Yes, the error message was truncated like that so I couldn't even expand it to see the entirety of it.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

how do I disable Windows Defender?

Google it 🙂 I use antivirus so that's what I have to disable when I install things. 

Also - link to the Discord support forum - there's a lot of information there. https://discord.gg/R4PRPTuW

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Google it 🙂 I use antivirus so that's what I have to disable when I install things. 

Also - link to the Discord support forum - there's a lot of information there. https://discord.gg/R4PRPTuW

I went to Discord but since I only use it to talk to a friend I have absolutely no idea how to contact FlyByWire on there.  It's all # symbols with various names of things and basically I'm completely out of my element on Discord.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I went to Discord but since I only use it to talk to a friend I have absolutely no idea how to contact FlyByWire on there.  It's all # symbols with various names of things and basically I'm completely out of my element on Discord.

Discord can be confusing at first. The link should take you directly to the support forum. There you can scroll down the list of topics and click on the relevant ones. It's a bit like a regular forum in that way - but with a different layout. Since there are so many posts it can be difficult to find relevant information. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Discord can be confusing at first. The link should take you directly to the support forum. There you can scroll down the list of topics and click on the relevant ones. It's a bit like a regular forum in that way - but with a different layout. Since there are so many posts it can be difficult to find relevant information. 

I shut off Defender.  Downloaded a new copy.  The other one was uninstalled and ran CC Cleaner.  Re-ran and still getting these errors.  Don’t understand this,

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I shut off Defender.  Downloaded a new copy.  The other one was uninstalled and ran CC Cleaner.  Re-ran and still getting these errors.  Don’t understand this,

It seems quite a few are reporting on Discord that they cannot install via the FBW app. Same error message as yours. It has not been out for long though so there might be an update shortly to iron out issues. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Make sure there's enough space on the drive you're installing to

I get the space error even though I have 200GB free on that drive. I checked the forums and discord, but have given up since AIG is working. I may have to do it manually when that option becomes available.

Rick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It seems quite a few are reporting on Discord that they cannot install via the FBW app. Same error message as yours. It has not been out for long though so there might be an update shortly to iron out issues. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate it as Discord is as foreign to me as ancient Mesopotamian.  I'm an old guy so this new stuff can be a pain.

• Like 2

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thank you sir, I appreciate it as Discord is as foreign to me as ancient Mesopotamian.  I'm an old guy so this new stuff can be a pain.

I get that - I was very apprehensive of Discord at first, and I still find it confusing at times. 

Perhaps others on Avsim with the same error can chime in with hopefully a solution 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett

@Jack_Sawyer There's been an update to the FBW installer since yesterday, so I would check that you're on latest version 3.3.2. 

3lpuukn.jpg

The changelog above doesn't list 3.3.2 although I just double-checked and that is the most recent one. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Jack_Sawyer There's been an update to the FBW installer since yesterday, so I would check that you're on latest version 3.3.2. 

3lpuukn.jpg

The changelog above doesn't list 3.3.2 although I just double-checked and that is the most recent one. 

Thanks, I see the same screen but it still won't install.

Jack Sawyer