Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

FSLTL install errors.

Hi, I think it's because my Community folder is locked, encrypted.  Other people I know can add to and remove files from their Community folders but I can't.  They can even drag their Community folders to the desktop or anywhere else on their PC but Windows tells me it's not allowed or something.  The only thing I can do is delete files in the Community folder.  But I have all permissions set to all for every drive, folder, file, etc.  No AV ever, Defender off, but I really think it's because I have the MS Store version.

I'm at a loss now.  I got it to install to the "Official" folder and it ran and injected traffic perfectly however all the planes were white.  I even tried to drag and drop a SimObjects folder for one airline to the Community folder but again, the PC says it's not allowed.

Very disappointed so I'm heading off to bed.  I really appreciate all your help.

• Like 2

Jack Sawyer

55 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi, I think it's because my Community folder is locked, encrypted.  Other people I know can add to and remove files from their Community folders but I can't.  They can even drag their Community folders to the desktop or anywhere else on their PC but Windows tells me it's not allowed or something.

That's a pity. I'm sure there's a way though. Perhaps installing MSFS to a custom location could help. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That's a pity. I'm sure there's a way though. Perhaps installing MSFS to a custom location could help. 

Thank you sir, but wouldn’t that mean I’d lose all my hardware bindings and other settings?  It might be worth it in the long run.

Jack Sawyer

48 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thank you sir, but wouldn’t that mean I’d lose all my hardware bindings and other settings?  It might be worth it in the long run.

Hardware bindings are saved in your account. Graphics settings need to be set upon reinstall. Not having a custom installation could bring some limitations, so I recommend a reinstall if you're up for the ordeal. I have mine installed to C:\MSFS, but you can choose any location. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Hardware bindings are saved in your account. Graphics settings need to be set upon reinstall. Not having a custom installation could bring some limitations, so I recommend a reinstall if you're up for the ordeal. I have mine installed to C:\MSFS, but you can choose any location. 

Thank you Cpt.  You’ve been very helpful and I appreciate it.  I’m not at the PC right now but I do believe it was installed to where MSFS said to install it and I think it’s the same as your’s, C:\MSFS. 

May I ask a question?  Can you remove and add things to your Community folder using the file explorer?  Can you remove your entire Community folder to the desktop for an example too?  Because I can do neither.

Best regards,

Jack

Jack Sawyer

10 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

May I ask a question?  Can you remove and add things to your Community folder using the file explorer?  Can you remove your entire Community folder to the desktop for an example too?  Because I can do neither.

Yes, I've never had any issues with this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes, I've never had any issues with this. 

Dang.  Then there's something wrong with my system.  If I try to drag a file from the Community folder to the desktop, or many files, I get this message, "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here."  Why is this?  Any ideas?

Thanks

Jack Sawyer

12 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi, I think it's because my Community folder is locked, encrypted. 

Would MSFS Addon Linker work with that setup? I have the Steam version and installed to a location of my choosing so I don't know, but it might be worth looking into.

• Like 1

James

1 minute ago, Phantoms said:

Would MSFS Addon Linker work with that setup? I have the Steam version and installed to a location of my choosing so I don't know, but it might be worth looking into.

Thanks.  Tried it.  Didn’t work. 

Jack Sawyer

Do you know what has Locked/Encrypted your Community folder?

I have the MS Store version of MSFS & when updates arrive I rename the Community Folder, run the Update, delete the empty Community Folder the Update creates, then rename the original Community Folder back to Communityfolder, & it all runs ok.

So the Community Folder is not locked as such,  I can add to, & delete from, it.

T45

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Do you know what has Locked/Encrypted your Community folder?

I have the MS Store version of MSFS & when updates arrive I rename the Community Folder, run the Update, delete the empty Community Folder the Update creates, then rename the original Community Folder back to Communityfolder, & it all runs ok.

So the Community Folder is not locked as such,  I can add to, & delete from, it.

T45

Hi T45.  I wish I knew what locked it.  I see little arrow icons and some lock icons on most folders.  I can delete anything in the Community folder but that’s it.  
I really appreciate your help.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi T45.  I wish I knew what locked it.  I see little arrow icons and some lock icons on most folders.  I can delete anything in the Community folder but that’s it.  
I really appreciate your help.

I had the same problem you do when the sim first launched and I was using the Store version with Gamepass. Got tired of trying to fix them and bought the Steam version. Never had a problem since then.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Jack, you have the sim installed at C:\MSFS? Not by any chance something like this: C:\Users\rgbuc\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community?

I had a similar issue when trying to access some stuff in the folder where the .exe is located (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe). It was a nightmare trying to solve this, as I kept getting the error message "You don't currently have permission to access this folder": 

Anyway, here's a thread on the official forums (with links to similar threads) that might help: 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/community-folder-items-cannot-be-copied-or-removed/500786

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I had the same problem you do when the sim first launched and I was using the Store version with Gamepass. Got tired of trying to fix them and bought the Steam version. Never had a problem since then.

Thank you sir, Steam will be a s a last resort.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Jack, you have the sim installed at C:\MSFS? Not by any chance something like this: C:\Users\rgbuc\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community?

I had a similar issue when trying to access some stuff in the folder where the .exe is located (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe). It was a nightmare trying to solve this, as I kept getting the error message "You don't currently have permission to access this folder": 

Anyway, here's a thread on the official forums (with links to similar threads) that might help: 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/community-folder-items-cannot-be-copied-or-removed/500786

Hi, my locations are:

C:>Users>Jack>AppData>Local>Packages>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe>LocalCache>Packages>Official>OneStore

But the “Community” folder is located at:

C:>Users>Jack>AppData>Local>Packages>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe>LocalCache>Packages>Community

Thanks Cpt.  I just read through the entire thread.  It appears it didn't help this person.

He had to do a reinstall.

So my next question is how do I uninstall MSFS?

And then I guess I have to go to the MS Store and reinstall but when I reinstall will it give me a choice to where to install it?

Jack Sawyer