Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Mega huge spike (PAJN) .. am i the only one ?

@Bad_T  **THANK YOU** so much for creating that file. I fly in and out of PAJN all the time and those spikes were a complete immersion killer. Many, many thanks, I am truly grateful! 🙂

I have found that REX Weather Force completely removes all the snow from the affected areas in Alaska and elsewhere when the weather forecast doesn't call for it, it's the main reason why I purchased it. Obviously Asobo could care less.

• Like 1

Andrew Walker

On 10/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi, I did this morning and they’re around 1000 feet?  Maybe more?  And despite crash detection off I flew into one and my C310 hit it hard and spun out of control.  So I guess someone could land a chopper on one.  🙂 

I just did a recce mission with a well-camo'ed M-346 to investigate these alien structures.   The two tallest spikes are 29,000 feet high.  There is an intermediate spike which is about 15,000 feet tall.  And then three small spikes which are much shorter, maybe they top out at about 4,000 ASL but I didn't investigate them too closely.   You could land a helo or STOL aircraft (maybe) on the two largest of them, if you can avoid the trees and get up that high.  Their tops aren't solid trees, there appear to be at least some open areas up there.

<end mission report>  😈 😀

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, Mace said:

I just did a recce mission with a well-camo'ed M-346 to investigate these alien structures.   The two tallest spikes are 29,000 feet high.  There is an intermediate spike which is about 15,000 feet tall.  And then three small spikes which are much shorter, maybe they top out at about 4,000 ASL but I didn't investigate them too closely.   You could land a helo or STOL aircraft (maybe) on the two largest of them, if you can avoid the trees and get up that high.  Their tops aren't solid trees, there appear to be at least some open areas up there.

<end mission report>  😈 😀

Very cool!

Jack Sawyer