Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

SimHeaven's X-Europe for XP12 analysis...

I'd like to know if this test was done on a 60Hz screen 😛

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

3 hours ago, brinx said:

Not really. It does not tell us much about optimization/parallelism at all. It just tells us that sitting on the runway doing nothing requires 1 core. In order to get a better picture, I think different scenarios are needed.

• Flying into cloudy conditions
  • AI Traffic scenarios
  • Busy Airport with traffic
  • Flying into dense cities
  • Cases with lots of trees etc

I've seen up to 16 cores being used with simheaven europe for xp12 while using the toliss a319, no AI Traffic, dense weather (various cloud layers and cover).

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

i seem to be getting better peformance with XP11 + Xenviro, objects don't seem to take much of a hit, anyone else?

nUe9nDl.jpeg

1 hour ago, UKflyer said:

i seem to be getting better peformance with XP11 + Xenviro, objects don't seem to take much of a hit, anyone else?

Yep same here, XP12 simply does not agree with my PC, even if I have clear skies. It's usable, but nowhere near as smooth as XP11 (even with xenviro)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rka said:

I'd like to know if this test was done on a 60Hz screen 😛

That's the least of the concerns with those FPS numbers. I mean...one of the tests is static on the runway and the other is flying around a major airport.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Well this is interesting!! I get a 16% performance increase when using simheaven XP11 scenery in XP12!! I think the trees are also better. Can anyone explain why this is?

Simheaven for XP11 in XP12 - 50 fps

dTbfIvF.jpg

Simheaven for XP12 in XP12 - 42 fps (16% decrease!!)

4WrTDve.jpg

Edited by UKflyer
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UKflyer said:

Can anyone explain why this is?

The most obvious difference is the much more dense, detailed and varied vegitation in the XP12 version.

get a bit closer to those trees, definately not better...

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

10 hours ago, mSparks said:

The most obvious difference is the much more dense, detailed and varied vegitation in the XP12 version.

get a bit closer to those trees, definately not better...

ah see so its the Xp12 trees eating up my fps! thanks

i'm not too bothered with how the trees look tbh so i'll keep the XP11 version

20 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

Xp12 trees eating up my fps!

kinda yes no maybe.

The trees are all GPU, you lost FPS from an increase in CPU time.

Vulkan has a load of tools to make debugging easier

https://vulkan-tutorial.com/Drawing_a_triangle/Setup/Validation_layers

I would expect these (in some form) to be enabled now to make tracking issues easier/the auto crash report form more informative, which will then be removed when its out of beta (along with the associated overhead).

I believe (educated guess) this is the primary meaning behind "performance" and "performance tuning" listed as known issues on the release notes, at some point, when flickering clouds, blacks and magentas are gone, along with any CTDs fixed that I'm sure exist although I haven't seen myself, they will simply turn those off, removing the associated overhead in the process.

Also why griping or looking much at performance right now is kinda pointless, its like looking at F1 lap times while everyone is behind the safety car.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

turning off 3d vegetation gained me a nice performance gain and less stutters. This is with simheaven and ortho on a 4k monitor.

-Roland