Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Why are you on FSX and what are you doing (flying)?

Hello everybody,

In my case I have P3D for several years and got MSFS2020 at the beginning of this year but have not used it that much. A couple of months ago I had a nostalgia for FSX and re-installed it.
The idea was also to enjoy addons that I really like, miss, and could not enjoy to the fullest at the time, in VFR flights, stick and rudder.
So my installation only includes:
- RealAir Scout (purchased at Flight1 since old RealAir installer for the Scout does not work anymore)
- RealAir SF-260 (CD purchased on Ebay)
- Tongass Fjords (now free on Misty Moorings if you are interested)
- FlyTampa Grenadines
- FlyTampa St Marteen
- FS Force
- FS Tramp
- FSUIPC
- Chase Plane
And that's it. I have not even installed OrbX Global Base Pack, LC, Vector, etc. I have now visited like 90% of the many airfields, seaplane bases, and points of interest of Tongass Fjords. At a time when photoreal scenery rules, I find that FSX is still quite enjoyable and immersive. Maybe because immersion relies very much on our imagination.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

- TONY -

FSX is my main simulator as it runs nice and smooth and i'm really happy with performance. I also have P3D 4.5 and Xplane 11 but FSX remains my go to sim. I mainly fly Turboprops (B1900D) with ORBX Global/ Scotland/Wales and EU Landclass. This topped with Active sky provides me with a pretty immersive experience.

I mainly fly around the UK and have about 12 UK2000 airports which I am very happy with. At the moment I am doing a UK tour and  am thinking about getting the QW 757 to do a european one ( I recently bought this aircraft for P3D and am very impressed).

Other add ons i really love are the RealAir Duke and Lancair Legacy

I know most people have moved over the new sim and that's great but as long as i can fly with the add ons that i like i really don't see the need to swap over. Am really not into this my sim is better than your sim stuff.

if you are happy with what you use then thats the main thing. And I have given up with the constant upgrading to the latest and greatest CPU/GPU.

• Like 3

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

I still use it because I have a fair amount of money invested in payware scenery, aircraft, etc. that I'm unwilling to just throw away.

Besides the iFly 737, Majestic Q400, A2A C172, and my various other aircraft still work great in FSX.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Still flying FSX, now using the Steam Edition with this new computer, because of all the freeware scenery I have accumulated to populate Florida and the Bahamas.  I use Airport Design Editor and freeware scenery objects to keep these airports more-or-less updated to their current real world configuration.  FSX Steam Edition runs well on this computer, plus I have AI that follows routes, thanks to Ultimate Traffic 2.  I have even added custom AI schedules for Florida Air Cargo, Atlantic Air Cargo, and Conquest Air Cargo, so I see DC-3/C-47's and C-131's at Opa Locka and at their destinations in the Bahamas.  I'm happy with FSX and I don't lose compatibility when a sim update is released.  Yes, there is that advantage. 

Edited by stans
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm waiting for FS2020 to be 'complete', as in no more updates. FSX will be in my future for several or many years yet.

Still enjoying FSX plenty with the several dozen quality addons purchased.

Food for thought: So what happens when FS2030(35?) gets announced and comes out?

Edited by VeryBumpy
  • Like 3

Thank you all for your feedback. Good to read!

Edited by Simicro
  • Like 1

- TONY -

I still use it along with MSFS because of "horses for courses" and  MSFS has a severe shortage of quality study-level long-haul addons. This weekend we have a 5,000nm group flight that we'll do on Vatsim and I have nothing for MSFS that I would trust with a flight of that length (well, other than the DC-6 and I aint using that!) . so I'll use FSX and have a wide choice of aircraft such PMDG 777 or  747 although I'm actually tempted to get the LevelD 767 out of retirement!

• Like 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg