Hello all. I just bought a new GSync compatible monitor (not to be confused with a true high end GSync monitor). I am still trying to tweak my settings to make sure I am getting the best performance. My question is, with GSync enabled in the Nvidia Display settings, do those of you with GSync and FreeSync have VSync on or off in the P3D settings? Right now I have it off and we’ll as triple buffering off and VRR on. 

• Like 1

You don't need Vsync with Gsync if you aren't exceeding the Gsync range of your monitor, which I doubt you are.

Just use Gsync and make sure you stay within the range.

There's a lot of confusion out there about what to use and under what conditions.

I've seen a video by Nvidia where they recommend using V-Sync Fast (in NV Control Panel) with G-Sync for the best experience, but I can't find it now.

In my case, I recently purchased an OLED G-Sync monitor and had to turn G-Sync off due to the notorious OLED flicker issue. V-Sync Fast works just as well as G-Sync did for me... without the flicker. If you're not on an OLED panel, then try just using G-sync... it should offer the lowest latency.  Whatever you do, don't use V-Sync in the game. If you're going to use V-Sync use V-Sync Fast in NV control panel.

Here's a description of all the various sync options...

(Not mine... copied from Reddit)...

V-SYNC - Framerate synced with monitor refresh rate (no tearing, input lag, increasing input lag as framerate lowers)

V-SYNC OFF - Framerate un-synced (tearing, very little input lag)

Adaptive Sync - At high framerates, VSync is enabled to eliminate tearing. At low frame rates, it's disabled to minimise stuttering. (input lag at high frame rates, tearing at low frame rates)

G-SYNC / FreeSync - Syncs refresh rate to frame rate (no tearing, minor input lag) (important to note that if maximum refresh rate is hit, G-SYNC will no longer be functioning so then input lag may be encountered if V-SYNC is enabled, input lag will not be encountered if V-SYNC is disabled but tearing will be) 

FAST-SYNC - De-coupled rendering and monitor refresh. VSYNC OFF but the monitor will only render completely rendered frames, thus eliminating tearing (MINOR input lag but NO TEARING! ) also it is monitor agnostic so it will work with any screen. It is analogous to hardware triple buffering but does not back-pressure the render pipeline.

It is a clever solution to the problem and requires very little overhead there should be no performance hit. It can still be used with G-SYNC for those that have systems that struggle to maintain FPS > refresh rate.

On 10/19/2022 at 10:31 PM, Deltaair1212 said:

Hello all. I just bought a new GSync compatible monitor (not to be confused with a true high end GSync monitor). I am still trying to tweak my settings to make sure I am getting the best performance. My question is, with GSync enabled in the Nvidia Display settings, do those of you with GSync and FreeSync have VSync on or off in the P3D settings? Right now I have it off and we’ll as triple buffering off and VRR on. 

I have the same P3Dv5.3 settings as you as this provides a nice, fluid experience.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

This was always a confusing topic for me.
This video helped me a lot to understand the basics:

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5