Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

FS9 AFCAD IN FSX

My FS9 KLAX Afcad worked in FSX. The allocation of parking spaces seemed to work ok. However, there were some bad effects like the position of some aircrafts did not work very well. I think it has affected the operation of the jetways as well.Has anybody succeeded in putting old AFCAD files in FSX? Please let me know. Thanks.Abe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

People have "succeeded", but most of the time, especially with larger airports, FS9 afcad files almost always need work before they can work well in FSX, as you found out with KLAX.Please do a search for this topic as it is brought up very frequently.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Thanks Rhett......that was a VERY FAST reply. I guess I'll wait until somebody comes out with an FSX Afcad for KLAX.By the way, now since I removed the AFCAD, FSX gives me an error about deleting the file in question. Where is the file or reference of the file located? FSX does continue on. But the error persists each time I boot FSX.Thanks again for any help.Abe

>Thanks Rhett......that was a VERY FAST reply. I guess I'll>wait until somebody comes out with an FSX Afcad for KLAX.>Ray Smith has already done KLAX for FSX.It's in the file libary as fsx_klax_rs.zip>By the way, now since I removed the AFCAD, FSX gives me an>error about deleting the file in question. Where is the file>or reference of the file located? FSX does continue on. But>the error persists each time I boot FSX.>Where did you have the old AFCAD file installed? /Addon Scenery?You must rebuild the Scenery Library. I am not sure what exactly the error message you got, said. That would help.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Thans Rhett, I did a search several times, I could not find it. I did this time. I found it and I installed it. It worked like a charm, I sure appreciate that.My file was located in the Addon Scenery......of course I replaced it with Ray's file, and everything was just great. And of course no more error.Thanks again, Rhett.Abe

Yeah, the Avsim library search tools are really hit or miss. Even though a description/title might match all aspects of your search criteria, you are not guaranteed that it will show up. I've written numerous requests to have somebody at least explain why it doesn't work so well, but have not gotten any good response. For instance, I was once looking for all the files related to Montreal, and it came up with 6 for a particular search, even though, when I searched for something else, 2 others came up that matched my original search criteria, but didn't get caught by that search. But they are all extremely busy, and it's free, so who am I to complain?So if I don't find a file based on a particular search criteria, or a lot of times even when I do find some files, I'll keep trying all sorts of combinations of different search paramters and other files will pop up.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

There is also a utility out there called fs92fsx. I'm not sure if it is here in the avsim lib.I'm trying it out tonight. It does a two step process by first decompiling the FS9 afcad to a .xml and then generating a new FSX .bgl file from the .xml file.

>There is also a utility out there called fs92fsx. I'm not>sure if it is here in the avsim lib.>>I'm trying it out tonight. It does a two step process by>first decompiling the FS9 afcad to a .xml and then generating>a new FSX .bgl file from the .xml file.>Keep in mind that the utility you speak of will not add any FSX features (such as vehicle paths, blast fences, etc.) to the airport. If you want those things, you will have to add them yourself.There is no such thing as a free lunch and that goes for "converters" as well.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Right, but it depends on what you are going for. I use it to get a more realistic airport, for example KMSP, where the appropriate runways are active and the AI aircraft go where they are supposed to compared to the stock airport that FSX has. I myself can do without the little cars and trucks for now.

You may well knock out the jetways - or have them trucking across the airport to connect to planes