Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

DHC-2, enjoying it (and the doors open! )

I tempered my expectations with this release (I mean ... just think of a few of Adobe's earlier releases – Volocopter being chief amongst them). Had a quick test with the two helicopters this morning, a brief flight with the DC-3 (looks promising, beautiful modelling) and spent the rest of the morning flying the Beaver on floats. Impressed with the tablet and apparent state-saving. Feels pretty good all-round (not perfect, but better than most earlier Asobo releases [and yes I know Blackbird made it]). And the ** doors open! 😆

But the metallic clanging sound is driving me mad. Anyone knows a way that can be silenced?

Notes on the helis: unbelievably good job with the modelling and texturing of the Cabri – can clearly see that the B407 does not come from Asobo (unfortunately). Both are pretty tame in terms of flight dynamics (all assists off), but it's a pretty strong starting point. A great pity that the speed performance of the B407 is way off the mark. 

And I still have a whole bunch of other new things to play with. Thank you MS and Asobo, much appreciated. 👏

Are you sure it isn't the oil filler cap? Click on it to close it (yellow and down to your right.- be careful not to shut the fuel off instead).  

I've been flying this and only this since last night, I absolutely love it. I also love that you have access to the aircraft and flight_model cfg files. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

8 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Are you sure it isn't the oil filler cap? Click on it to close it (yellow and down to your right.- be careful not to shut the fuel off instead).  

I've been flying this and only this since last night, I absolutely love it. I also love that you have access to the aircraft and flight_model cfg files. 

7 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

Excellent, thank you, will try that. 

I am loving it (done maybe 6 hours in it up to now), and I can't wait to try the improvement mod on fs.to once it is released, hopefully today...  Tunda tyres etc.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

anybody tell me how to get rid of the IPad please - just annoys me heaps

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

3 minutes ago, Rattso said:

You can't just yet but there is a mod possibly coming which will let you. I agree, it's a distraction. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 minutes ago, Rattso said:

If you can wait for the improvement mod to be approved on flightsim.to, that will do it, plus more!

https://flightsim.to/file/43824/dhc-2-improvement-mod-bush-mod

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.