Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Taxi2Gate Doha question

Recommended Posts

I just bought Taxi2Gate Doha (for P3D v5+) at Simmarket. The description says it's v2, but the file names all say v1. Is this an error? Should I contact Taxi2Gate or Simmarket and tell them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

2 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I just bought Taxi2Gate Doha (for P3D v5+) at Simmarket. The description says it's v2, but the file names all say v1. Is this an error? Should I contact Taxi2Gate or Simmarket and tell them?

Yes, if you wouldn't mind contacting Simmarket.

I just looked at my Simmarket download (I havent installed it yet) and indeed the files all indicate "V1" e.g.

TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-1.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-2.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D.exe

 

It could be those filenames were not updated by T2G or maybe they are older V1 files. I am not sure what the difference is between V1 and V2 visually within the scenery.

One other thought, when you installed it, did the installer show a prompt to select a P3D v5? If so, I would assume they are the latest files.


Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

 

Yes, if you wouldn't mind contacting Simmarket.

I just looked at my Simmarket download (I havent installed it yet) and indeed the files all indicate "V1" e.g.

TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-1.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D-2.bin
TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D.exe

 

It could be those filenames were not updated by T2G or maybe they are older V1 files. I am not sure what the difference is between V1 and V2 visually within the scenery.

One other thought, when you installed it, did the installer show a prompt to select a P3D v5? If so, I would assume they are the latest files.

 

I didn't install the scenery yet. It is getting late here and I didn't want to install the scenery if those files are for the v1 scenery when I bought the v2 scenery. I did contact Taxi2Gate and I will contact Simmarkt next.

Share this post


Link to post

I have version 1 from SimMarket and the filename is T2G_HAMAD_INTL_AIRPORT and there is only one file, so it does look like you have the new scenery and they just named the files strangely.

Edited by simfan1983
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

I have version 1 from SimMarket and the filename is T2G_HAMAD_INTL_AIRPORT and there is only one file, so it does look like you have the new scenery and they just named the files strangely.

Thanks for confirming that. Much appreciated. 👍

  • Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Share this post


Link to post

I downloaded T2G's OTHH Sept 5, 2022 and yes, all the downloaded files are labeled
"TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D" (date 9/5/22).

However FWIW,
      I just checked the properties for the installer, TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V1_P3D.exe
           The File Description is reported as "TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V2 Setup"
           The Product name is reported as "TAXI2GATE_OTHH-V2"
           The Product version is reported as "2.0.0.0"

     Also the scenery installed to the following directory "\TAXI2GATE - OTHH-V2 P3Dv4"

 

I agree with 787flyer' comment, T2G tends to names files strangely and at times, it can seem confusing.

Edited by ClaudeF
comma missing
  • Like 1

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...