Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

MU2 V2

Now that it has been released for awhile I’d appreciate it if you’d share your thoughts. May buy it before the sale ends. Many thanks for any responses.

• Like 1

Somebody has to have this aircraft. If there's anyone with real world time in it your comments would be really welcome. I'm quite interested if the engines are modeled reasonable correct.

I have it and it is one of my favourites, right up there with the Hot Start TBM 900 and the Challenger. It’s not as complicated as as the Challenger but the MU2 is not nearly as complicated in real life. It’s not as in depth as the hot start planes, but nothing is(the FBO stuff for the Challenger and the maintenance stuff for the TBM). And, the MU2 for x-plane 11 works really well in x-plane 12 so far. It’s not really fair to compare it to these planes but I enjoy it as much as i enjoy these planes. You can’t go wrong with it if you do buy it, just DO it. Hope this helps….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

12 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

I have it and it is one of my favourites, right up there with the Hot Start TBM 900 and the Challenger. It’s not as complicated as as the Challenger but the MU2 is not nearly as complicated in real life. It’s not as in depth as the hot start planes, but nothing is(the FBO stuff for the Challenger and the maintenance stuff for the TBM). And, the MU2 for x-plane 11 works really well in x-plane 12 so far. It’s not really fair to compare it to these planes but I enjoy it as much as i enjoy these planes. You can’t go wrong with it if you do buy it, just DO it. Hope this helps….

Thanks for the reply. I took a chance and bought it last night. Auto pilot sure seems a little different from what I know (retired pilot here).  I have yet to figure out how to get it to follow the GPS in LNAV. I know it does not have VNAV. I must have missed something in the docs.

I have the Challenger and TBM900 and enjoy them. As to the MU2 and XP12 - Is it just a simply copy and Paste into the XP12 aircraft file folder?

I have the MU2 and ... love this plane.
This is one of those that have a climate and that ... something 😉 
The sounds, the launch procedure, the non-standard operation of the throttle and prop levers, and the fact that it can be dangerous at times,  makes me want to fly it all the time.
The MU2 is a plane with character and you have to treat it with respect. I can't remember the last time I "managed" to crash any plane in XP11. With MU2 I experienced this 😉
After the flight, I say to myself: tomorrow I will fly another plane, but the next day... I'm getting back into MU2 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Thanks for the reply. I took a chance and bought it last night. Auto pilot sure seems a little different from what I know (retired pilot here).  I have yet to figure out how to get it to follow the GPS in LNAV. I know it does not have VNAV. I must have missed something in the docs.

You need to enable GPSS! The MU-2 does not have true LNAV. It has HDG mode, and the GPSS allows it to operate like LNAV.

You should have a read through about the Sperry Autopilot System: https://www.togasim.com/mu2docs/supplements/spz500.html

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

I have the Challenger and TBM900 and enjoy them. As to the MU2 and XP12 - Is it just a simply copy and Paste into the XP12 aircraft file folder?

Never do it this way. Always run the installers for the respective products to the version of X-Plane you are looking to use it in. You can have multiple installs.

Edited by Cameron XA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Founder of X-Aviation

4 hours ago, dbw1 said:

If I can remember I ran the installer and just pointed it to my XP-12, I'm sure I didn't have to cut and paste it.

• Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Cameron,

Thanks for the reply and guidance. It’s appreciated.

Dave

• Upvote 1