Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Stable 0.9.0

1 hour ago, Espana Pete said:

I am a bit confused about the Simbridge option. I duly downloaded and installed it with the FBW installer but when I started up MSFS there was a "not yet downloaded" version showing in my Content Manager. Although selectable there was no download or update option so it just remains there in my Content Manager showing as not installed. Is this normal as I for one have not come across this sort of situation before?

Hi, I pushed a fix for this a few weeks back but it seems it wasn't enough. Just to clarify you can ignore what MSFS says about it in the content manager. SimBridge will still function 100%.  I'll work on fixing that message but for now, you can ignore it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Hi, I pushed a fix for this a few weeks back but it seems it wasn't enough. Just to clarify you can ignore what MSFS says about it in the content manager. SimBridge will still function 100%.  I'll work on fixing that message but for now, you can ignore it.

Thanks Lucky, only other question I have is that when I run the script for SimBridge the script stays open (or in my taskbar) whereas when I run the script for say FSLTL the script appears, you press enter and it disappears off the screen completely but still runs. Pressing enter does not seem to work for me with SimBridge, is that normal?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

5 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Thanks Lucky, only other question I have is that when I run the script for SimBridge the script stays open (or in my taskbar) whereas when I run the script for say FSLTL the script appears, you press enter and it disappears off the screen completely but still runs. Pressing enter does not seem to work for me with SimBridge, is that normal?

Windows 11 has brought the introduction of Windows Terminal as the default command line tool. Currently SimBridge, on windows 10, opens a CMD or PowerBuilder window and looks for that process to minimze to tray. At the moment there's no support for that feature in Windows Terminal, programatically. However I'm investigating a fix.

As for the icon staying in the taskbar, that's intential. If your right click the icon it provides several options to simplify it's usage. This is documented in our documentation: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/simbridge/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

@Watsi can you comment on the possibility of VNAV ever making it out of the experimental version?

I can confirm it will never (ever ever) make it to stable. 😉

Edited by Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations

May i politely ask if the stuttering issue that caused a few threads here and there has been solved? I'd really love to fly the Neo again. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

5 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

May i politely ask if the stuttering issue that caused a few threads here and there has been solved? I'd really love to fly the Neo again. 🙂

I think there was some specific stuttering some people had post SU10. This is solved as far as I know. Also there is a (less annoying) overall stuttering from time to time that is caused by ND/FMS code. We hope to get this fixed with the next version of these systems (which are in the works).

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 4

FlyByWire Simulations

7 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Why is that?

It was a joke, my friend. 🙂

• Like 3

FlyByWire Simulations

13 hours ago, Watsi said:

I think there was some specific stuttering some people had post SU10. This is solved as far as I know. Also there is a (less annoying) overall stuttering from time to time that is caused by ND/FMS code. We hope to get this fixed with the next version of these systems (which are in the works).

Danke! Will get back to flying in the next days. 🙂

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11