Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Scenery order question

Hi, today I bought from Orbx PAJN and also have the Alaska Mesh installed.  On the store it says "If using Orbx’s Alaska Mesh, please ensure this version of PAJN has higher priority in Scenery order."

Can anyone tell me exactly how to do this?  I searched in MSFS's Content Manager but can't find anything.

I did a search here but couldn't find anything.

It's not Orbx per se, it's how to do it, how to put something in a higher priority.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Folders in your addons directory can be named whatever you want and are loaded alphabetically. Anything loaded after something else can override a previous folder. So in this case change the name so that the airport folder comes after the mesh folder. Whatever mesh the airport uses will load after the statewide mesh and override it

• Like 2

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

9 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Folders in your addons directory can be named whatever you want and are loaded alphabetically. Anything loaded after something else can override a previous folder. So in this case change the name so that the airport folder comes after the mesh folder. Whatever mesh the airport uses will load after the statewide mesh and override it

I see, thanks!  No wonder I couldn't do it in-sim in the Content Manager.  

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I see, thanks!  No wonder I couldn't do it in-sim in the Content Manager.  

In-sim you can do it with the new Scenery Reorder Tool (in General Options, Experimental), but I recommend you to do as Gaiiden said, it's easier.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Alvega said:

In-sim you can do it with the new Scenery Reorder Tool (in General Options, Experimental), but I recommend you to do as Gaiiden said, it's easier.

Oh, thanks, I never knew this either.  I'll go with what he said, much appreciated guys!

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

16 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Forgot to ask, is this the Community Folder we're talking about?

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Forgot to ask, is this the Community Folder we're talking about?

This is in the Orbx MSFS library.  Orbx Alaska Mesh comes with a PAJN airport.  Either delete that one, or name the new airport something like z_PAJN. This is a really poor implementation by Orbx IMHO.. there should be a configuration option.. as in the old days.. But Orbx is no longer a "Quality addons publisher".. now just an "addons publisher"..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

56 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is in the Orbx MSFS library.  Orbx Alaska Mesh comes with a PAJN airport.  Either delete that one, or name the new airport something like z_PAJN. This is a really poor implementation by Orbx IMHO.. there should be a configuration option.. as in the old days.. But Orbx is no longer a "Quality addons publisher".. now just an "addons publisher"..

Thanks Bert.  I’ll have a look at this in the morning.  And, I agree with your sentiments completely.  

Jack Sawyer

Errrrmmm, now I am completely confused! As usual :laugh: Does this no longer only relate to P3d and FSX???? This is the first I have heard of having an order of sceneries in MSFS. I use Addon Linker and have a folder dedicated to only mesh, so how does this play out in relation to Orbx sceneries which are elsewhere?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

This scenery order tool (under experimental) was introduced with SU10. It replaces the former contents.xml by a new one only holding the changes to the order you made (instead of all sceneries present). This is very unfortunate, as a file with a hitherto known function was replaced by another with a completely different structure and function, without renaming it.

The in-sim interface is similar to the scenery order function in P3D indeed. 

I had a scenery conflict between Drzewiecki Design Moscow landmarks and Digital Design UUDD. I mailed Evgeny and got a reply how to solve this conflict using the "Experimental" scenery order tool, and it works.

Unfortunately, MS makes all these changes without clearly documenting them for the average user. There was certainly a cryptic hint somewhere inbetween the SU 10 releas notes, but nothing the averager users takes note of.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Unfortunately, MS makes all these changes without clearly documenting them for the average user. There was certainly a cryptic hint somewhere inbetween the SU 10 releas notes, but nothing the averager users takes note of.

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/flighting/html/Additional_Information/Experimental_Features.htm

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

32 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

Thanks, Jim. Although I am not sure about the percentage of average users finding this (as you see, I didn't, but perhaps I am below average).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11