Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

RC1 is available!

To "downgrade"

I tried the easy windows backout method and this is the command that works for me.

Open a cmd window.   Switch to your XP12 install folder.  Paste this command.

"X-Plane 12 Installer.exe" --install_name="X-Plane 12.00b14"

When it asks, you must select replace to install the old files.

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I didn't notice any FPS drop for now. I did however delete the shadercache after the update. 

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

from another user:

The performance degradation in the RC1 is known to Laminar and already fixed for the next release candidate.
It caused by accidentially forcing Nvidia's aftermath debugging options on everybody
This can't be fixed by a shader cache rebuild (which is NEVER a good option, anyways) nor anything else any user could do.

Despite issues with RC1 it is a fantastic graphical update!  Clouds have made a big jump forward - distant scenery & clouds no longer visible through nearby clouds.  Cirrus type clouds have improved too.  Shimmering on trees is still there but reduced.  Ground terrain sharpness also improved.  Cloud shadows are softer, but have a few glitches. A great step forward!

Clouds1.png

Clouds2.png

Clouds3.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

This is so strange as my locked 33fps is maintained in RC1!

Perhaps not.  Locking to 33FPS may cloak the hit for you.  Nice rig.  I'm ready to upgrade my ancient rig but need to find a way to break that news to my wife...LOL!

• Like 2

Just completed a long flight and am so pleased with RC1, LR have done a marvellous job!  I must admit being a little sceptical when they announced a full release in December, but RC1 has made that date realistic.

I have just noticed a darkening under tress - it isn't a shadow as such because it doesn't change direction with time - a feature added last release as part of an ambient occlusion update?  Distant terrain is visible so much further out and sharper - I'm feeling the terrain has more 'depth' to it, probably due to the extra sharpness.  This image has probably lost the impact I see on my screen, but XP12 is looking fantastic!

Far-Terrain1.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

is the real weather download broke again? Grib file not found

Maybe temporary as I have downloaded real weather several times since RC1 release.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Maybe temporary as I have downloaded real weather several times since RC1 release.

hmmm you don't get this at the top of the weather page?

7zOIFxZ.jpg

Just now, UKflyer said:

7zOIFxZ.jpg

Not seen it yet.

I have just noticed a darkening under tress - it isn't a shadow as such because it doesn't change direction with time - a feature added last release as part of an ambient occlusion update?

I noticed that too. It looks really good. 

However there's still issues with clouds, pixelation where it meets terrian and cloud "blocks" in the distance.

2 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

7zOIFxZ.jpg

I'm getting this too.

• Like 1

been foggy all day in Bristol but XP thinks its VFR 🤣

Edited by UKflyer

9 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

I noticed that too. It looks really good. 

However there's still issues with clouds, pixelation where it meets terrian and cloud "blocks" in the distance.

Agreed, but it has been reduced I feel.