It is installed in the root folder of the sim.

You use it by selecting DLSS in the graphics option.

I believe the sim itself places the original version of this dlss dll file in the root folder, and you can rename it some Backup name, and then place this one in place of the original one.

Of course you need to have a DLSS capable graphics card (only Nvidia 30 or 40 series  iirc).

Edited by Rene_Feijen
  • Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Cool idea for a mod, but for us MS Store version owners its folder, though visible, is totally locked down.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

No it's not. I have the Store version but installed on a different location then the place where the Store would actually install it by default.
Some files are inaccessible (like flightsimulator.exe) but i can rename nvngx_dlss.dll into something else and copy this new nvngx_dlss.dll into the install folder.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

11 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Some files are inaccessible (like flightsimulator.exe) but i can rename nvngx_dlss.dll into something else and copy this new nvngx_dlss.dll into the install folder.

My entire MSFS install is also not in the installer's default drive and folder.  Any attempt by me to rename that .dll fails with 'need admin permission'.  I hope that Asobo pushes a patch for it soon, or at least the next MSFS build will include this updated dll.

Do you notice any VR performance or quality improvements with that updated dll? 

Hmm...TechPowerUp shows that dll originates from "Marvel's Midnight Suns".  I'd guess that dll is more towards targeting better DLSS 3 support.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I do not really see a difference, should test for that, but then: I have no problem so I stick with this for now.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I'm in the process of reinstalling stuff but can test once done. Someone on reddit mentioned they saw no change in MSFS and just as blurry, though reports are that it's helping in some other games

I gotta say: you guys all seem pretty daring and trusting to install a .dll file posted on a website that isn't Nvidia. Seems kind of risky to me but I hope it works out for you all.

• Like 1

The dll file is digitally signed by nvidia.  Now if hackers got around that, we're all in for more trouble than just this dll.  If you don't know was digitally signed means and does, please check it out.  All serious computer users should thoroughly know about this stuff.

Rod O.

What's New

Version History

2.5.0 (December 12th, 2022)

Source: Marvel's Midnight Suns Dec 10 Patch

2.4.13 (November 22nd, 2022)

Source: WRC Generations

2.4.12 v3 (November 22nd, 2022)

Source: Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Same version number as before, but newer build date (Nov 3)

2.4.12 v2 (October 19th, 2022)

Source: A Plague Tale Requiem

Despite the same version number, this version of the DLL is much newer (Sep 22 vs Jul 27)

2.4.12 (August 11th, 2022)

On 12/13/2022 at 7:58 AM, Lange_666 said:

No it's not. I have the Store version but installed on a different location then the place where the Store would actually install it by default.

My sim is also installed on a different drive and not my system drive and I cannot access either of the "WindowsApps" folder as theres is one on each drive.  6 months ago I used the app "Take Ownership" to get into the one on the Windows drive and it wrecked the sim.  Changed nothing but the sim crashed to desktop on every single start.  Attempts to restore permissions, System Restore etc failed.  Had to wipe my pc and reinstall everything to fix.

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson