Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Opinions on Dominic Design KIND

Merry Christmas Everyone! I see that that this version of KIND is on sale, and looks to be pretty good in the photos. Can anyone comment on the quality? Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Its awesome. The terminal is one of the best I've ever seen modelled. Its worth full price. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

agree.  It's a very nice one.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks a bunch guys, I’ll grab this one.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  I’ve never bought from this dev before but good to know it’s a solid product.

I don’t think I’ve even had a payware KIND before in any sim.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks for the info.  I’ve never bought from this dev before but good to know it’s a solid product.

Bought it and just did a quick test flight, looks great. Definitely a deal at the sale price, but even priced right at full price. Performance is very good too.

Cheers, Pete

37 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I had one from Blueprint Simulations for FSX.  For its 2008 vintage it was quite good.  I fly mostly GA and the GA area at the east end of the airport as well as the Fedex processing areas along the south end were quite well done.  Even included some seasonal touches.  I am now using the Dominic version for MSFS.  The main terminals are great but in my opinion the GA area I mentioned for Blueprint is not as well done in this Dominic version.  This Dominic version IMHO has too many buildings/structures that are squared off or angular with no roof overhangs. 

I do still like it a lot.  Just it could be better.  My experience has shown that once a regional hub airport has been done at least reasonably well, like this one, that likely is it.  Developers will pick other airports so they can avoid splitting sales.  So then why wait to purchase, especially during a good sale.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

19 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I had one from Blueprint Simulations for FSX.  For its 2008 vintage it was quite good.

Ahh yes I think I had that one too.  I  had a bunch of blueprint airports back in the day and had a bit of a love/hate relationship with them.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

49 minutes ago, fppilot said:

The main terminals are great but in my opinion the GA area I mentioned for Blueprint is not as well done in this Dominic version

This is disappointing to hear. It will not prevent me from picking this one up -- it has been on my list for quite some time -- but I do wish developers would pay attention to areas of the airport outside the main terminals. I fly principally GA and commercial flights -- and when I fly an airliner most of the time it is a cargo aircraft - and too often the areas visited by these aircraft -- the GA and cargo ramps -- look like a bit of an afterthought, while the main terminal is well developed inside and out. There are many airports I have that I have never been to a standard passenger gate!

Dan Scott

Does anyone know if KIND ever got proper airline assignments? DomincDesign's add-ons are on sale at ini but he's super lazy about including proper assignments.