Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Milviz stopped selling P3D products?

There are as many subjective ideas of what is beautiful, what looks realistic and what does not, as there are persons sharing their opinions.
What this has to do with the apparently outrageous decision to withdraw products for P3D is not clear, but giving a year's notice seems adequate and as in the UK, ignorance is no defence in law, ignorance of something that was withdrawn in good order before it was discovered, is no justification for outrage.
It's no more than hard luck.

2 hours ago, Daube said:

I find P3D users criticizing the colors of other sims quite amusing.

Most of the screenshots posted in this section have fake looking colors. Just look at the Beaver picture above. Are these colors realistic to you ? 

Well... I suppose it depends on the day, the time, the angle of sun and so forth and the year of the sim used for the pic,

And I'm not saying MSFS doesn't look nice at times, although it can look just a tad on the overly vibrant and over exposed side.

But whenever I see that sun in MSFS I just cannot help but think "Teletubbies" 🤡

This look better ?

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

There are as many subjective ideas of what is beautiful, what looks realistic and what does not, as there are persons sharing their opinions.
What this has to do with the apparently outrageous decision to withdraw products for P3D is not clear, but giving a year's notice seems adequate and as in the UK, ignorance is no defence in law, ignorance of something that was withdrawn in good order before it was discovered, is no justification for outrage.
It's no more than hard luck.

Have you any refrence to where they said the'll be withdrawing their products from sale totally and with a year's notice ?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

4 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Have you any refrence to where they said the'll be withdrawing their products from sale totally and with a year's notice ?

Just a tiny bit further back in this topic, that you perhaps did not read before posting into.

4 minutes ago, Reader said:

Just a tiny bit further back in this topic, that you perhaps did not read before posting into.

Perhaps your reading technique could use a bit re-worK 😉 given your nick 🙂

"They will still develop for the P3D commercial/ military market but these products will not be available to the enthusiast."

I didn't read anything about withdrawing the already existing product line from sale.

Infact what I did see was...

"It’s not entirely all bad news as they’ve now put all their legacy P3D products on sale at 50%, but without support."

And I was lucky, I managed to buy at the 50% + another 30% off, still I wanted to purchase more but it was just rude to do what they did.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Perhaps your reading technique could use a bit re-worK

I had no trouble reading the first part of the line that you partially quoted:

Posted January 25th 2022
Milviz announced that they are leaving the P3D enthusiast market. They will still develop for the P3D commercial/ military market but these products will not be available to the enthusiast, but may in time get ported to MSFS.

Hi @Reader, Yes that's a quote regarding their MilViz military development and contracts and you also left out the part where they say there will be no new development for P3D outside of their military obligations.

However none of that actually mentions withdrawal of the existing product line, in fact the opposite was stated, that they are reducing the price by 50% for those who want to purchase.

sooo, give up 🙂

Cheers

Fun times 🙃

I did intially buy their DHC3 Turbo Otter, which actually felt a bit of a letdown, it just didn't have that polished feel to it in the way that other similarly priced aircraft did.

That said it grew on me once I'd learned to master it.

I mean it was no A2A, RealAir or Vertx but it did have an engine that was easy to kill if you were not careful, plus it accumulated damage to the point of failure in the sky some flights later, then having to glide into the nearest landing strip.

Essentially there were consequences if processes were not followed.

There other stuff was Ok, but some had more bugs that I would have expected on a released version that's had several rounds of fix releases.

And quite obvious ones too, like wheels not quite touching the ground and other silly xml syntax bugs.

I'd still buy more if I could, they did have a few gems.

Cheers

RIP

spacer.png

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogen said:

Yeah. Watch this in it's entirety for the whole low down.

6 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yeah. Watch this in it's entirety for the whole low down.

Now this is the type of video puts those crew in the lower levels of professionalism, it starts with wierd laughter and for the most part is two guys rambling on.

Anyway at about the 30 min mark they are talking about no longer developing for the P3D market due to the bottom having fallen out of their sales, but they do actually say still available to purchase at a 50% discount with a caveate of no support.

If I missed the part where they say total with withdraw from sale in less than a year's time please pass on the timeline of that statement.

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogen said:

If I missed the part where they say total with withdraw from sale in less than a year's time please pass on the timeline of that statement.

was a forum post

Where, exactly? I followed your link and from what I can tell, in Januar 2022 they stated “no new P3D enthusiast developments, but existing products continue to be available 50% off“ (paraphrasing here of course). The announcement of the complete P3D enthusiast withdrawal was only a month ago, not a year, as some here have said.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

48 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Where, exactly? I followed your link and from what I can tell, in Januar 2022 they stated “no new P3D enthusiast developments, but existing products continue to be available 50% off“ (paraphrasing here of course). The announcement of the complete P3D enthusiast withdrawal was only a month ago, not a year, as some here have said.

Please read my post, I copied the forum message there. It doesn’t say much though.

• Upvote 1