Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

KBOI - still messing with my settings

Nothing spectacular here, still been playing with my graphics settings. Pretty much there now, I think. Happened to be thinking about Boise and knew I'd got a copy of this but didn't remember much about it so went for a nose round.Looks like a nice setting and I will come back and explore more. Meantime, just a few shots around the airport and surrounds

y8bLg4I.jpg

UOkk7Zl.jpg

2SUgrFA.jpg

OJQCoWI.jpg

sHwRgvH.jpg

Some weird stuff going on with the "ground" levels in the river over there, but the airport looks good
sZKRTn9.jpg

The PG was a bit ropey if I got much closer. Expecting to get Gbit broadband in place in the next few weeks (finally) so be interested to see if that makes a difference
w74Cuaw.jpg

mJG5hzk.jpg

KemEybk.jpg

vXBv6ZG.jpg

t2dopYl.jpg

Overall, very happy with the colour tones and degree of sharpness/clarity I'm getting now. I had the 3090ti in my previous system before I upgraded to the new 7900X, but it feels like it's been freed up to work a bit smarter now. Don't feel the need at this point to be lusting after a 4090. That may change but it feels a good way off right now. Again, all my shots are originally HDR, and my thing about clarity is because on a big HDR monitor you really can see a huge amount of detail if it can be delivered to it.

• Like 6

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Nice overview of Boise and surroundings. Looks like there's plenty left for you to explore later.

• Like 1

Fine set - thanks for showing !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Awesome Andy.  Dang, I miss it, lived there for five years, worked planes at this airport, flew hot air balloons all around this area, and these shots make me homesick.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Is that ORBX or VerticalSim?  You should check out VerticalSim's Omaha.  More gorgeous than one would think.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

23 hours ago, John F said:

Nice overview of Boise and surroundings. Looks like there's plenty left for you to explore later.

9 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Awesome Andy.  Dang, I miss it, lived there for five years, worked planes at this airport, flew hot air balloons all around this area, and these shots make me homesick.

Cheers guys. It does look like a fine place. Lots of room, lots of greenery and a bit out of the way. I'm guessing the winters are potentially a bit harsh but even so. I'll certainly revisit in the sim, and if they ever get the old "beam me up" malarkey to work I might even visit in real life. Bit of a long shot there though.

16 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Fine set - thanks for showing !

Glad you liked them, thanks.

7 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Is that ORBX or VerticalSim?  You should check out VerticalSim's Omaha.  More gorgeous than one would think.

Hi Gregg, it's the VerticalSim version. Got their KOMA as soon as it came out. Omaha is one of my fond memory places. Had a couple of working trips back in the day, and really enjoyed myself. Particularly enjoyed the SAC Museum - I just stood and stared at the B-58 for ages. One of my favourite memories of my gluey-fingered childhood was having a Hustler hanging from my bedroom ceiling. I've actually got a 1/24 scale kit I bought on my last trip there still sitting around un-built here. It was a nice idea but I feel like my paws are a bit too big and indelicate nowadays to attempt to build and paint it.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.