Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

X-Plane 12 Anti Aliasing and FSR

2 hours ago, rka said:

"We may add them someday"

"It's on my radar"

It's not much, but it's at least something. At least more than Goran has to offer with his third party spokesperson(?) for Ben. Thanks.

Maybe before you assume something, ask who the source is. But to expect that from you would be to expect too much. 
In any case, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we’re happy you got the information you needed. Even though it was “at least something”. 
Hope you’re enjoying being a customer of Laminar Research. Out of curiosity, Will you also add “Asobo customer” to your signature someday?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Will you also add “Asobo customer” to your signature someday?

I can't imagine anyone so dissatisfied with X-Plane could ever touch any other flight sim without needing hospitalisation from shock and despair, let alone proudly state they tried it in their signature.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

Maybe before you assume something, ask who the source is.

Okay Goran. Who is Cameron XA and can he give official statements for Laminar Research?

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

37 minutes ago, rka said:

Okay Goran. Who is Cameron XA and can he give official statements for Laminar Research?

Not much of a laminar customer if you don’t know who Cameron is. 

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

Not much of a laminar customer if you don’t know who Cameron is. 

I know full well who Cameron is, and I know full well why you are dodging the actual question - whether he can make official statements for LR. Now can he?

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Dodging the question?  I don’t have to dodge any questions you have. 

@rka and @GoranM, cut out the sniping will you and discuss the topic in a mature way.

The alternative is it gets locked.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

@rka and @GoranM, cut out the sniping will you and discuss the topic in a mature way.

The alternative is it gets locked.

Maybe you could ask him to finally answer the question he so strongly denies to be dodging? 😄

3 minutes ago, rka said:

Maybe you could ask him to finally answer the question he so strongly denies to be dodging? 😄

1) I don't own XP.

2) Even if I did I'm not getting involved in your debate.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They're both jealous of not being able to use Aerowinx PSX - that's just that 😜

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

7 hours ago, rka said:

"We may add them someday"

For those who didn't click on the links to Ben's statements, this one was referring to the screen-space motion vectors needed for FSR2.0. What I found more interesting was the declaration that in the future they might add FSR2.0 "or other tech". There's more out there than just FSR/DLSS. Contrary to the opinions of some, LR does keep tabs on how these technologies develop.

As for Cameron, I've had no reason to doubt his interactions with Ben/LR. He wasn't trying to be a spokesperson for LR. He was reporting the developer weather. That the AA fixes are not 'trivial' is good enough for me.

• Upvote 2

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

It's impossible for anyone to take you seriously in these forums.  

First you say this...

3 hours ago, rka said:

Even when it's obvious who he is, due to the info on his profile.

And then you say this...

2 hours ago, rka said:

I know full well who Cameron is

Then you claim to "know full well" that I'm dodging the question about whether or not he can make statements for Laminar.  You go from 1 extreme to the other in these forums, and I sometimes ask myself, is it really worth it to respond to you, when even you don't know what you said 2 posts ago.  

If you want an answer, then my answer is I don't speak for other people.  So if you want to know, ask him.  All I posted was a link to a statement he made, and I assumed you could draw your answer from that.  Period.  The fact he said that he actually spoke to Ben Supnik about it, should be more than sufficient for you to draw your own, complete conclusion.

Maybe if you employ your MSFS persona in these X-Plane forums, things would likely change.  But all this hidden subtext in your statements, along with you being a "customer of Laminar Research", as indicated by your signature, tends to, as I said, persuade people not to take you seriously.  

Or maybe you're just baiting(?)

Just saying.

🙂

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cagarini said:

They're both jealous of not being able to use Aerowinx PSX - that's just that 😜

How did you know????

😁

I very nearly bought a copy from a reseller close to where I live.  

• Like 1

Australia has a famous PSX reseller, and a great full mockup cockpit 🙂

I am looking fwd into XView for XP12....

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

Without reading and having downloaded the last non beta xp12, bugs are still present:

- AA is completely broken on chrome etc.

- G1000 bugs

- Flightmodel is broken!-