Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

CTD With every flight

72 isn't all that bad. 100C is a hard limit. The CPU will start slowing down to keep it below that. 72C is absolutely fine as long as you aren't seeing any "maximum" readings too far above that. If you can keep them all below 80 99% of the time, you're golden. 

I was going to ask. No problems installing the OS is a good sign that you don't have a big problem. The bad part is that small problems are harder to find.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I think that an error in the EV clearly points out to GSX/couatl issue. This should be addressed on FSDT forums. Umberto might even set a Teamviewer session. This hardware talks like "did you check your USB" is nonsense in a presence of clear evidence that it's not a hardware behind the issue. 

25 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

72 isn't all that bad. 100C is a hard limit. The CPU will start slowing down to keep it below that. 72C is absolutely fine as long as you aren't seeing any "maximum" readings too far above that. If you can keep them all below 80 99% of the time, you're golden. 

I was going to ask. No problems installing the OS is a good sign that you don't have a big problem. The bad part is that small problems are harder to find.

Windows 11, 13900k ... my temp is 60 max !!!
SAME CPU USING Corsair iCUE H150i LCD

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

3 minutes ago, altenae said:

Your 13900k stays below 60 the whole time running MSFS?

Your the first i have come across to say their temps stay 60 and below

1 minute ago, altenae said:

I had to look that up. Didn't realize he had one of those, so I would think he should be seeing even lower temps. This points to the CPU voltages being too high. Takes me back to the UEFI settings. It's not uncommon for some of the performance settings in today's motherboards to use unusually high CPU voltages of set very aggressive load calibration schemes. That was part of the reason I suggested clearing them and starting over using just the basic XMPII profile. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

24 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I think that an error in the EV clearly points out to GSX/couatl issue. This should be addressed on FSDT forums. Umberto might even set a Teamviewer session. This hardware talks like "did you check your USB" is nonsense in a presence of clear evidence that it's not a hardware behind the issue. 

He said it happens on a vanilla MSFS install - meaning no addons.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

30 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I think that an error in the EV clearly points out to GSX/couatl issue.

It absolutely does. The issue is that there is no simulator running for GSX to talk to, so it crashed. However, the facts are that the OS was able to talk to GSX (or at least it's process context) long enough to create the log entry whereas the sim died so fast that the OS didn't even have a chance to look at it to figure out what to log.

Edited by MDFlier

19 minutes ago, altenae said:

Would you mind sharing what settings you have in bios, As there could very well be something that is boosting mine and the voltage to get the max from the chip which will then have higher temps. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mejjo said:

A pain in the rear is an understatement! haha

System OC by any chance?

I had my pc OC 5ghz and MSFS worked without any issues in Win10, that is until I migrated to Win11, for some reason I started to have CTD in the sim, ran benchmarks with no issues, stress tested cpu/ram with no issues, after trying a few other things that didn't work, I decided to OC down a notch to 4.9Ghz just as a last resort, guess what, that simple change made all the difference, since then I haven't had a single CTD. 

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi all,

So, i am not 100% sure if i am getting somewhere yet, BUT... There is progress. I have low latency turned on in Nvidia control panel to help with the latency using frame generation on my 4k monitor.

I ran a test flight and left it with low latency turned off and so far no CTD. Could this really cause the ctd? Frustrating if this turns out to be the case because it really does help my lag when turned on. 🙂 Hopefully getting somewhere.

58 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

System OC by any chance?

I had my pc OC 5ghz and MSFS worked without any issues in Win10, that is until I migrated to Win11, for some reason I started to have CTD in the sim, ran benchmarks with no issues, stress tested cpu/ram with no issues, after trying a few other things that didn't work, I decided to OC down a notch to 4.9Ghz just as a last resort, guess what, that simple change made all the difference, since then I haven't had a single CTD. 

Hi mate,

No overclock in place nope. All been left default out of the box.

14 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

No overclock in place nope

Have you tried disabling Text-To-Speech (Azure) in Settings/Sound.

Also, if you have rolling cached ON, turn it off  in Settings/Data.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo