Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Buyer Beware

4 hours ago, El Diablito said:

p.s CaptainSim are a disgrace.

14 hours ago, someone joined the Avsim forums and posted twice, once in this aged topic, that MSFS is a scam.
Unremarkably, this has awakened the sleeping Avsim CS attack force, who didn't bother to read what had happened
to their topic and just could not resist the opportunity to post more of their "content".
I doubt if that was the intended consequence of the author of the nonsense posts about MSFS.
Well done for falling into the trap though, even though it wasn't set to catch you.😁

Disclaimer: I have no connection with Captain Sim, other than as a customer.
I started buying from them for Fs2004 and many of the subsequent aircraft models were very good.
I have recently bought their Boeing 717 for MSFS and it too, is perfectly acceptable to all but the harshest critique
and indeed very reasonably priced, at $9.99

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No trap fallen into here, Captain Sim are indeed a disgrace for the price they charge for their "shell" 777s and for their Flightsim.to liveries stunt after that release.

The post about MSFS being a scam is obvious satire (trolling) as nobody could be that stupid.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

nobody could be that stupid.

Your optimism is admirable. 🙂

19 hours ago, Reader said:

Your optimism is admirable. 🙂

Ha! maybe..

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

On 2/13/2024 at 10:46 AM, Reader said:

Well done for falling into the trap though, even though it wasn't set to catch you.😁

Or maybe they're avoiding feeding the obvious troll by pretending that post never happened?

I'll play too! I remember being really impressed by their C130, which I ended up buying because I wanted a heavy hauler for FSEconomy (remember that one?). It was the second payware aircraft I ever bought, the first being Iris' DA-42. Looking back, I suspect a lot of that favorable impression of the Herc was that I'd never gotten a really excellent addon plane before. Kinda like how we were all super impressed with 28.8 modems in 1994.

• Like 1